motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
I have an 85 I am trying to bring back to life to be used as a begineer bike and I am attempting to get it to a useable and safe condition. One the major problems is the rear shock is basically dead. Can I just get this recharged or do I need to replace the whole shock($$$)?

The exaust is pretty much shot as well. Does everyone recommend the DG pipe and silencer? They seem to be the only option except fo kawasaki and they want over $300 for a silencer.

Thanks

motoxpress

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
yeah....you can get the rear shcok recharged the mechanic will add nitrogen to it . its has a similare affect to adding preload...see if it is the stock spring rate and maybe increase your preload if you want a stiffer ride.
about the dg pipe...do they have a website? how muc hdoes the system run ? i could never find a system for this year.
Tim

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Originally posted by Kawierider
about the dg pipe...do they have a website? how muc hdoes the system run ? i could never find a system for this year.
Tim

I found it here link
I believe Speedy has this setup as well. Here is a pict of his bike link

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If the rear shock is truly dead, a nitrogen recharge is probably not enough to get it back into excellent condition. The oil should be changed and any worn seals should be replaced.

An '85 in good condition is an excellent beginner's bike, IMO.

Top Bottom