'90 KDX200 Cost $1900 (CDN) - Good Buy???

DirtSquid

Apr 10, 2000
A fellow club member has a '90 KDX 200 for sale for $1900 Canadian. (about $1200 U.S.)
My young cousin is interested, and i am helping him out on this one. I want to make sure i'm not just telling him this is a good deal. I have yet to see the bike (i will on Wednesday).

Details (I've been told):

One season on new tires, new brake pads.
FMF pipe, renthals. (still has original pipe)
season and a half on new top end. No tears in seat, and plastic good. Needs speedo cable. Lights working.

Please let me know if you think this is reasonable, and any tell tale signs to look for when looking at the bike. (I ride orange)

Thanks,

Mark

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
not sure what a speedo cable is, but thats not a bad deal, the price is right around what you should expect. . . though you might try talking him down a little. a kdx is a great bike that will last a long time, and is worth the 1200us

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
last summer i had bought my kdx 200 1989 for 1850$ canadian.here this is the price because they are hard to found.Check some things before buy it .First remove the flywheel cover and look for 2-stoke oil leaks.Then look the color of the transmission oil it must be translucent I mean not milky.after look at coolant color (must be fluo green)check also at loose on the linkage.last year i had not look at these places when i bought mine and i had to put a lot of money on it .But now this is the best bike on the planet .

A KDX BUZZ

Jun 10, 2001
best thing is to make sure its good working- running order!
Bike repairs can be expensive, like cars!!
You can double your investment very quickly on repairs.
A bike of this age reqiures lots of mantinence! ( Ihave a '91 kdx 250 i purchased for $1000 w/ a fresh rebuilt eng & tires, but i had to spend an extra $500+ to get everything else right. Still not a terrible deal, but it took time to get it right!!!
At least make sure its safe!!!- It's worth the peace of mind!
I Know the last thing i want to worry about, is how my bike is holding-up while i'm riding!
In my opinion, you can probably get a '93-'94 bike, in same condition, for the same price or a couple of bucks more, without the hassles of extreme wear & tear later. I paid $1900u.s. cash for my '98 kdx 200 in exc. cond. W/ mods!
On the other hand, if your happy and you Know it, $$$ means nothing, as long as your diggin'

Top Bottom