mmmbeergood

Jan 22, 2003
I've just purchased a '91 kdx 200, engine and will install it in my '98 model bike when it arrives. What kind of adaptations do I have to look foreward to? new motor mounts? Will my CDI and coil work?how about the carb?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks...
Gordo

Jan 13, 2003
Yep I think you are going to have some fun with this one.. I have a 91 and the motor is substantially different from the 94 onwards motor. You would prob be better to try and get a 94+ motor and sell the 91. According to pictures I have seen the motor will have different mounts and a different valve system. With some designs the motor is used to add strength to the frame so making adaptors may not solve all your problems. Still I guess there may be someone who has already done this. Good luck.

Barkeater420

Mar 4, 2003
I don't see how the different KIPS matters, since it is contained within the engine itself and no part of it attaches to the frame or the electrics....

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If you decide to scrap your project, let me know if you want to sell your '91 motor. I could always use an extra.

mmmbeergood

Jan 22, 2003
Thanks for all the input. The new engine is on the way, I'll give an update apap, and probably have a few questions, and ,mabey some insight.
Always remember, Beer is good for you!!!

mmmbeergood

Jan 22, 2003
The cylinder head on the '91 has only rear engine mounts, as opposed to front and rear on my '98. The governer shaft cover is also too wide to allow my pipe to fit. After I saw these issues, I knew it was a wash.
So If anybody needs a '91 model motor. Holler at me. Or I'll trade straight up for a '95 or newer lower end.
Thanks for all of your input.

Gordo

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
How much Gordo?

Top Bottom