Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I have a '94 Kawasaki KX250, It has these following mods:
Pro Circuit Pipe - Factory Sound Silencer
Boyeson Power Reeds
Hot Rod Crank Kit - Wiseco Piston- Bored .040 over

This bike runs really great, I have beat '00 RM250s with it and '91 RM 250s with it. I was wondering what would be a good place to go from here as far as power? And keep reliabillity on 91 octane pump fuel? I was also wondering if anybody could tell me anything about my bike, how it stacks up to newer bikes, reviews, etc. I really just don't see that much that is better about the newer bikes than mine. Thanks a lot guys!

danjerman

Aug 15, 2000
Well I'll try to share as much as I know about 94's, although I must admit I've never owned one and have limited knowledge of this era of KX250's. First off, the 94 brings a new frame and plastic set, much different in design than the90-91's and 92-93's, which in my opinion have a more dated look to them (yes I own a 91'). The motor from what I've heard hasn't changed much, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the KX250's had the same cylinder from 1990 err 1989 to 1995, 1996 is when the new cylinder came in, but I could be wrong. I haven't heard anything extremely good or extremely bad about the bike, which is a safe bet. The same plastics were continued up until the 1999 KX125's n' 250's came to dealer's floors. That's it, I hope IO helped, I KNOW someone else can tell you a lot more about yoru bike than I can. Have fun!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah! Thanks for the info danjerman, that's cool to know. :p I wasn't much into dirtbikes in '94 (Too young) :think So I wonder a lot about how my bike compares...thanks!

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
I owned a '94 KX250. I bought it new in August of '93 and thought it was night and day better than the bike I had previously, a 1992 YZ250. I kept that bike for 3 years and loved it, the bike just fit me right. I have had quite a few different bikes since then but I always compare them to the '94 KX. I had the bike set up perfectly for myself which makes a big difference. The only thing I didn't like about the bike was the weak footpeg brackets that wear and bend over time and the footpeg springs that would break every other ride. I ended up bracing the footpeg mounts and that made them much stronger. I would recommend replacing them with the mounts that Terrycable makes (I think they are still available):think. Your bike will work fine compared to any of the newer bikes, as long as everything is in good mechanical condition and you set the bike up to match your riding style.

The modification that I liked the most was the 300cc big bore I installed. I also really liked the Pro Circuit pipe with the big bore. It ran fine on premium pump gas.

Last edited:

Weezie

Jul 29, 2000
I own a '92 KX 250 and love it. Your bike seems to have all the right mods. If anything, experiment with gearing. I run Sunoco 94ultra and Klotz supertechniplate at 32:1. I've heard good things about the V-force. Mine came with a rad valve so I can't give you an opinion as far as before and after. It was also ported and has a Noleen pipe/silencer. Very strong, predictable power band. Sounds like you really like your ride, good luck with it, Mike.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah, I do like my ride!!! How much of a difference did the porting make? I have been thinking about it. The gearing feels just about right for me, the only grip I have is that my suspension just feels too soft! (And I only weigh 140!) I haven't adjusted much however.

Thanks a lot guys for your responses!

Top Bottom