99 KX 144 test (Eric Gorr vs. RPM)

Discussion in 'Bike Mods, Performance, Maintenance & Repair' started by extreme33, Dec 4, 2001.

1. TONYKX

TONYKX Rookie DRN Member

I never have any problem with Eric Gorr works and turn around time,I sent two times to him.He done a good jobs.One time it proably my fault which I don't know for sure,the cylinder seized up after 10 hours (sometime you just don't know whose fault) I talked to him,he justed re-do it, just charged what it cost him on parts.I am also in the service bussiness ,so I know this is fair for both.
    As far as turn around .,belive me , he wiil do the best he could for you .Everthing can easily happen in between.Eric is a working hard man.Sometime I wonder how many hours he sleep per day?He need to take some time off.Dose he get any vacation like us ?
    Tonykx.Magic Imports.

2. TONYKX

TONYKX Rookie DRN Member

Worldwideracer,
    If you are read my post.Please forgive me,I'm not good at grammar either.
    Tonykx
  3. smooth sail

smooth sail Rookie DRN Member

Eric did a fabulous job on my boys KX-100 cylinder. His professionalism and work ethic are the benchmark that guys like Varner and others strive for but never quite make the mark.Not to say they are bad, but Eric treats the business as a gentleman would- as he would want to be treated. Eric will be getting my boys new KX-125 cylinder and head for some work, and my KX-250 cylinder for the mo better job. :D
  4. Sage

Sage dirtbike riding roadracer

Amen! Anybody that dosent understand that needs to have mommy pull the spoon out of their mouth. As far as mail order engines & suspension goes you guys (Eric & Jer) are braver than I. I do it but the hassles mentioned above tend to make a guy real picky on whos stuff gets taken in. Theres nothing like building a hot road race engine and then have some knucklehead slap his carbs back on that were jetted 10 sizes to rich for the stock engine and then say its not any faster than before.

As far as the shop storys, I bought a 89 GSXR 1100 that was way trick for 89, took it to a friends shop to be assembled (bought it all in parts) and 9 months later, after many blow off's, I showed up with a truck to take my parts and was missing my polished wheels, fox shock, 38mm FCR's, half of the body work, the whole front end, sub frame & wire harness!!!
  5. EricGorr

EricGorr Super Power AssClown

Thanks for the good words guys, especially Tony. Don't worry about your grammer out in this forum. We've got people from all over the world contributing to this forum and I doubt most of us could comprehend even the simplest words of your native language. I think its great that you've worked hard to learn English and you can call me anytime with your tech questions.
  6. 70 marlin

70 marlin Lifetime Sponsor Mi. Trail Riders

count me I've had nothing but premium service

I've been using eric since the beginning of my drn presents. eric's bailed me out of a few sticky spots! NOTE: if you've toasted your motor. with anybody doing the work, you best be willing to be patient! if not your going to get screwed! because certain thing's take time.
  7. yardpro

yardpro Gone Bye-Bye

quality always takes time, no exceptions.
  8. chadk01

chadk01 Sponsoring Member

I wanted to say my .02 as well. Eric has been a blessing to me. He is very patient, reasonable, HONEST, understanding and very accomodating. It is truly an asset to us here at DRN to have someone with Eric's experience and skills on hand to answer questions and offer advice. The manner in which Eric responded to the comments about his honesty, is testimony to his true colors. Thanks for being part of DRN Eric.
  9. CanadianRidr

CanadianRidr Sponsoring Member

Eric I was just wondering why you use the 1-ring piston design in this particular application opposed to the 2-ring design? Out of the obvious for less friction what else are your reason's for this? I am just trying to learn more that's all:)

thanks

ps. I AM PUMPED to send you my 01CR250 cylinder so I could have the bike honda meant to make :) :) :)
  10. EricGorr

EricGorr Super Power AssClown

To Canadian Rider,
    In order to support another ring land the piston ends up heavier. RPM's 2 ring domed piston handles high compression and lasts a long time. In fact it interchanges with my piston with a minor mod to the squishband angle (from 7 to 10 degrees).
    I don't run super high compression on my kits so I don't need 2 rings for sealing. The weight seems to be the major issue because most of the kits are set-up for the same rpm peak as a 125.
  11. CanadianRidr

CanadianRidr Sponsoring Member

Allright thanks:) I figured compression would have a factor in using the 2-ring design but I was not sure. Now I can add one more tick to my book of dirtbike knowledge:) :)
  12. whyzee

whyzee Never enough time !

bore

This is just an FYI, this has been a great thread to read, I just got off the phone with Eric. For a 133 (56mm bore) on the yz, you do not need to send in the bottom, it is only the 144 (58mm bore) that 58mm piston hits the front side of the cases and requires the bottom to be sent in. Whew, I feel relieved.
    :eek:

Dave
  13. Matt_H

Matt_H Rookie DRN Member

Eric, I'd like to ask you a couple questions myself if I could. First off what over sizes do you have to bore a '99 kx125 I know about the 144cc but what else?. Second is if I were to get you to bore my cylinder out to a 144cc what would I need to send you?. Third cost what does it cost shipping the works if you know?. And is there anything else you think I should know I was thinking of boring my bike out when the top-end goes.

Matt
  14. NO HAND

NO HAND Subscriber

You have the option to bore it to 133 or 144. The 133 is still ama legal in the 125 modified class. The 144 piston is availlabble from Eric and he's got killer prices, the 133 is availlable at the dealer and it's like the last oversize piston from the old Wiseco system (P8). 56mm instead of 54. There is no replacement for displacement...:cool:
    For more info, you might want to check out his website. the link is on the side, Forward Motion. Or call him!
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2002
  15. Claus Menne

Claus Menne Rookie DRN Member

YZ 144

We just bougt a 144 cylinder and top from Eric.
    It is for my wife's '02 YZ.
    I can not wait to try it myself.
    It is nice to read how good EG's work are compered to others.

Claus
  16. burn1986

burn1986 Rookie DRN Member

So what ever happened to the KX167
  17. rob the snail

rob the snail Rookie DRN Member

would be long gone 9 year old thread