Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup Patman has had a change of heart about RC. He started to grow on me last year during the nationals and so far this year the SX season has seen me not root against him. I like that he's so excited on the podium when he wins, showing he really does like what he is doing and is appriciating the fans more too. The hermit (Hobbit?) RC that hid in his truck and you needed a ticket to get an autograph for was the same one that had zero personality on the podium. I guess the time off help him realize he's got an awesome job that he get's paid very well for and maybe it's OK to relax and be human and not a Honda cyborg. Who knows, by Dallas I might even ge me an RC T-shirt :)

joe_264d264

Jan 14, 2005
I have. At Salt lake two years ago, He looked right over at Tim Ferry and then took the line knocking ferry into thet dirt. The next corner Chad had the inside and took RC's front tire out. Needless to say Reed won RC second. On the podium RC started crying about how that is what they have to do to beat him.............Like Patman, I have more respect for RC every time I see him ride. He is getting a lot better with the fans and really does look like he enjoys what he is doing... I think he has grown up a lot...

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'm just happy that munchkin got me some vCash back in my pocket! RC has grown on me a little bit every season as well.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
XRpredator said:
right here, man. I have more respect for him, but I'm still not a fan. :nener:

I know I bust your balls a lot but I do respect the fact that you stick to your guns and own up to what you've said in the past.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
super rat said:
Anyone want to admit to ever booing RC?

Yup, we'll maybe not booed, but I sure rooted against him. It has taken me a few years to understand his "workmanlike" approach to his racing. The fact that he was not able to defend his 03 supercross title seems to have made him very determined to show the fans he is still the man to beat. Carmichael may just run away with this sx season. He sure seems to be very capable of getting into everybodies head. IMHO

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've always liked him. the fluff never mattered much to me. i guess it does to most people.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
mx547 said:
i've always liked him. the fluff never mattered much to me.
Ditto. I wouldn't care if he refused to speak on the podium or sign any more autographs....I like to watch him race.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I've loved to watch the guy race since we was a chubby-kid on a KX125! Being a chubby adult....I couldn't help but to root for the kid! :)

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
I am not a RC fan....although everyone else in my house is. So I guess I have to be the rebel and put my interests somewhere else :debil: , always was a Mcgrath fan and I am so happy to see him back even if he isn't making the podium!! CR perked my interests right away so I took him over when Mcgrath retired, and this Wey guy seems to be growing on me which the hubby loves giving me crap about. Oh well it keeps it fun. ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Jeez guys, the bandwagon's suspension isn't rated for this much weight. :nener:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
nephron said:
I have been on the bandwagon since 2002 and have an 02 CR250 to prove it. :moon:

I think there is room in the garage for an RM?!?!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I liked RC long before he learned how to give good interviews.

While he has dramatically improved his PR skills over the last few years, RC has always ridden with the speed and heart of a great champion.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
I liked RC long before he learned how to give good interviews.

While he has dramatically improved his PR skills over the last few years, RC has always ridden with the speed and heart of a great champion.
None of his "haters" could ever deny that! :nener:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Heck, they don't need to say anything on the podium for me. And I don't ask for autographs, so I really like RC.

But that was when I thought he might be the underdog. He's gunna run away with it, with KW falling back more and more each week. CR might pick it up a bit, though, and JS will show up at a point in the season to really make it fun again.

And Pastrami might be healed up by then, and put on a show like Las Vegas 2004, or Daytona.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've been an RC fan since he was on 125's. And yes I rooted like hell for him when he jumped to the 250's. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
nephron said:
BEEF706 said:
Oh then I guess Bubba's must be heavy duty and custom made, Maybe RC can borrow it sinceJBS won't be using it for a while
^5 Beef. You beat me to it. :rotfl:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
^5 Beef. You beat me to it.

I started dropping my jaw in awe for the kid when he was step-up tripling jumps on an 85 that the 250's weren't doing. I waited patiently for 2 years before he finally turned pro. Yeah, I guess since I didn't know him on the PW, I'm just another bandwagoneer. ;)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
“ Originally Posted by XRpredator ”
right here, man. I have more respect for him, but I'm still not a fan.

MXSparx said:

double ditto

Top Bottom