kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I may have never booed him ( my mama would have kicked my .... for bad manors), but he took a LOOOONG time to work his way under my skin. Now I have to admit that I’m a fan, but he has grown up a lot in the last two years and I do like the new yellow duds he is sporting. :yeehaw:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
there are only two things that will keep ricky off the podium this year.

1. healthy Bubba
2. broken bike

Come on Suzuki!! Please stay together.

i have bad dreams where he is 45 seconds ahead in a national and then there is a camera zooming in on him and he is leaning a blown up bike against the fence.

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
RC never had or will have McGrath's personality. But you have to respect a guy who just lets his racing do the talking.
Stewart has so much talent, but he turns me off with his "pro-ball-player ego". That comment he made about how his butt doesn't touch the same leather seat for two weeks at a time, (because he owns all those fancy cars) turned me off permanently. And Gawd, his old-man is such a stage-mom!

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
RC's great to watch. I've always liked him but admittedly I had a bit of a problem with his PR skills a couple of years back. He has since polished his act and rates high in my book.

The fact that RC and CR have a lot of respect for one another impresses me also. During their post race interviews they quite often mention how competitive one another are and how much fun it is to race against each other.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Personality???..... what a bunch of S##t.....he always conducted himself like a strong quiet man. No bullcrap and he's too fast. Im bummed CR is having a bad start. But I never begrudge RC winning. He's old school to me. Super tough.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I have liked him since his number was 70. I have never or ever will pay to watch a guy's personality. I buy tickets to see racing PERIOD. If more guys had the work ethic of RC maybe they could have a chance to show there personality on the podium. TP is loved by all b/c he is fan friendly, but as a racer he sucks. RC is a great example of what hard work and determination will get you. Many today have lost that drive (and I am talking about society in general) and try to get buy on natural ability only. Everyone seems to want money and fame but are not willing to put in the work to get it. I will always be a fan of the guy who is not blessed with skills but can put in enough work to kick your butt on sunday. :moon:

just my .02

pace

Nov 21, 2003
What's not to like? The guy has unmatched speed and heart, and in front of the cameras he conducts himself with dignity, and respect toward his competitors. He sounds almost humble at times and you rarely see him act like a braggart.

Top Bottom