DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I know... you asked about 4strokes... but if you want a 2 stroke bike that is friendlier than your KX in the woods and on the trails, look at the Gas Gas XC bikes. Out of the box they have a more linear and 'friendly' powerband than a MX bike, and you certainly wont give up any power. My 250XC rocks in the woods and carves the tight stuff.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thank You entangidahl. I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the best trail bike there is.;)

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Right brand but wrong model for the best Trail bike: GasGas Pampera 250 or 280. Notice I said best trail bike not enduro or harescrambler or desert racer!

Toolman

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The Pampera is a great trail bike, and is an absolute mountain goat, it is however on the small side, so if you are over 200, and taller than 5'10" then you may need a bigger bike. The P250 is the ultimate trail bike for the ladies, and the P280 is a winner for us shorter guys (the girls will love the P280 too). If you like a fun, torquey, nimble and fairly quick/powerful bike, the Pampera may be the bike for you. (If you can get your hands on one !). If you like the woods, and go fast, the GG200EC is probably the best woods bike out there, The KTM200EC has a bit more power, but you can't beat the GG for handling and balance.

I think my next job will be as a GG salesman !! :)

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
:) BunduBasher, you aready are a GG salesman, you just haven't figured out how to get paid for it!

I wonder If they would put the 320 trials motor in a regular XC frame for the larger guys and gals? GasGas are you listening?

Toolman

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Send suggestions to:
Olga in spain at 'officegg@gasgasmotos.es'
or Dale Malsek USA at gasusa@qni.com

Yeah, the GG200EC is the ultimate KDX hmmmm !! ;)

PsychoCW

Jan 31, 2002
you might want to check out this review on the husky....sounds like a sweet machine. I'm seriously considering trading in the KTM for a 450. http://www.husky.com.au/html/biketests/sidetrack/te250/te250.htm
I currently ride a KTM250exc and it is smooth as silk in the tight woods. My brother just got a 520exc.....it will rip your arms off if you are not careful and the engine braking takes some getting used to....but overall its the sweetest bike I've riden. If you are a smaller dude you might take a 400exc for tight woods tough.

JMHO:confused:

Top Bottom