fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
At the request of Marie and the Weissenborn family, it is with a very heavy heart that I am writing to inform you that Mark passed away this morning.

Marie made it very clear that she wanted the DRN members to know the visitation and funeral arrangements. The visitation schedule will be on Friday 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 at the Matthysse Kuiper DeGraaf Funeral Home - 4145 Chicago Dr. Grandville, MI (616-534-8656). This location is on the SW side of Grand Rapids - nearest cross streets - Wilson Ave and 28th St. The funeral will be on Saturday at 11:00 - Standale Reformed Church - 202 Cummings St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI
(nearest cross roads - Wilson Ave and Lake Michigan Drive).

RIP MWEISSEN

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for posting Mike.

Godspeed to our wonderful friend.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Godspeed brother.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
God Speed Mark....you will be missed :(

Attachments

• P1010135.JPG
    P1010135.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 753

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Godspeed Mark, my condolences to his family and friends.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I am very sorry to hear this - my thoughts are with family and friends of MWEISSEN.

C

Circuit Rider

In his memory

Dear Friends on bikes,

I spent some time with the family today, they seem to be bearing up as well as can be expected.

Marie asked about a special place where Mark's dirt biking friends might want to have their donations of money sent.

The boys kinda ruled out AMA and CCC... but I suggested the Family Enduro Series. Placques for tree planters, etc. etc.

Marie is open to suggestions.

Maybe we'll see some of you Saturday,

Mike Sr.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
We Michigan guys all met through these message boards on the DRN, and thats how I met Mark. I've known mark since about 2002 and it's his fault I ended up on a KTM after he let me test ride his 2002 250 EXC. Man that thing was awesome compared to my KDX. So I got one that August. Thanks Mark for that test ride buddy!

Mark had a passion for tinkering with his bikes and was very passionate about them looking good. I remember him bringing home his 450 and his pride and joy the KTM 950. He really love his KTM's. These past few years were difficult for Mark with his health since about the fall of 2004. But even after a liver transplant and many visits to mayo clinic he always figured out a way to sneak in a ride when every he felt like it. I last saw Mark late this October at our "Trailfest" trail ride where he still had enough strength to ride his 450 that day in Dual Sport Mode on the 2 tracks. It was good to see him out there doing what he loved, he had a great big smile on his face that day. Thats how I will remember him.

I am saddened to see such a young man go so early and leave a loving family behind.

Farewell Mark....

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
I Am Very Blessed To Have Met Mark. I Was Up At The Lmc Club Grounds Getting Packed Up To Go Home, And In Rolls A Ktm 950 Adventure, I Knew Imediately Who It Was From Reading His Posts On Drn About His New Toy. It Was Mark Out For A Ride And Looking For Mike Sr. We Had A Wonderful Conversation While I Was Drooling Over His 950, What A Sweet Ride And A Super Nice Guy Who Shares Our Great Passion For Dirt Bikes. He Will Surely Be Deeply Missed By All Of Us. God Bless Mark. I Will Think Of You Often.

Dvae Leathers.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Mark will be missed, I was fortunate enough to talk with Mark on several emails over the years and got to ride with him at the fall trailfest of 02. Mark was the only witness to a nasty spill I took in the woods on my cr 250. We had some great emails, and Mark was always very helpful.
I will miss Mark, and remember him always.
God bless Mark and his family.
Jim Smith

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Godspeed Mark

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mark's family.

-Tracie & Phil-

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
RIP Mark.
I never met Mark in person, but I exchanged several emails and PMs with him when I learned about my brothers cancer. Its a scary time when you find out about this disease and its affecting someone you love. Mark helped me to understand some of the issues we'd be facing. He was thankful for his own "second chance" and he told me that he really felt it was important for him to help others that might be facing the same situation. And he WAS helpful (and genuine) in his concern and offers of encouragement, as well as sharing any insight and thoughts he thought could assist. He followed up regularly; and offered condolences when my brother lost his fight.
I hope that the comfort of the warm and sincere wishes for Marks family, that come from the stories of Marks life and his strong character, can help them at this time.
He even touched the lives of some he never met; he'll be missed by many that we'll never know.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Very sad news indeed.
I find some solace in the fact that Mark was able to extend his joyous life with his friends & family, enjoying what he did, even if it was for much too short of time.

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
Mark is very special in our hearts, brave in his life and an example of how we should live life to the fullest. Godspeed, brother.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Rest in piece Mark! My condolences to the family and friends!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
When I spoke to Mark a couple weeks ago he shared with me that he was loosing his battle with cancer. I cried on the phone as he told me of his pain and yet was AMAZED a how openly and sweetly he made plans with me to go out west next year on our bikes. I heard in his voice one last time of the PRIDE that he had in his sons and daughter. He told me with GREAT pride about some of the battles that his family was overcoming and he could not stop talking about this! We also talked about some of his dear friends that had been working on Maries car and how they had been such a HUGE blessing to the family. He also reminded me of what a sweet wife God had blessed him with.
Mark NEVER quit fighting the horrible desease that haunted him and he did indeed keep riding as long as he could!! A true example to all of us.
Godspeed Brother - we love and miss you!!
Woodsy

Attachments

• MarkNAndy.JPG
    MarkNAndy.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 319

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Mark's lessons to us all will continue for many years. Godspeed, Mark, you will be missed!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom