Added a Big Brother for the Little Green Bike!

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Just bought a new KLX400 :nener: (you know, the green DRZ-E) for the stable. Figured it would make a nice crusiser bike for my casual riding.

I think my KDX will strictly be my Enduro mount and ride the KLX for leisure. Bike is being set up now - picking her up on friday.

Cost me two pair of shoes with the wife (not cheap shoes either) - small price to pay!

Sean

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Sean-

You'll like the DRZ (er-KLX) its a great bike. My brother has one of the street legal models (KLX400E I think) and its a blast to ride. Great for the hill climbs we've got around here. My only complaint with it is the weight. My '89 KDX 200 loaded to the gills is easily a good 30lbs lighter than the KLX, but thats true of most big bore 4 strokes. The stock forks are like the KDX's, they need to be resprung and if pushed hard revalved. My brother just skipped that whole section and tossed the Ohlin Pro-Action's off his toasted Cannondale on the bike. Those are a sweeeet ride, make the whole bike like riding a Cadillac thru the whoops. But in a good way (visions of lumbering caddy's flash thru my mind) they've got a nice positive action without excessive hit. Enough of that though. If you've got the non street model pick up a electric radiator fan, its great for the slow trail riding. Thumpertalk.com has a great DRZ400/KLX400 forum, well worth the visit for DRZ info.

-Maurice

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
It is the off road model - they ar 30 pounds less than the street versions - they are totally diff bikes, pumper carbs, differnet compressions - plus th weight. They only look the same.

You would be quite impressed with the E model - they just plain rip.

Cant wait to break her in right.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
My brother stripped all the smog stuff off his KLX and replaced the metal tank with a clark plastic tank. Rejetting with the Dynojet kit made a huge difference in the power delivery of his bike. I'd still like to try a E model at some point and see how it compares (actually have a line on one that my neighbor is looking to offload).

-Maurice

Top Bottom