JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
If this thing ever takes off we should look into the adopt-a-trail program.

When I got back into the sport 2 years ago I found a list called Ridenet. Thats where I first found out about the program. I still receive e-mails from the group that talk about the adopt a trail meetings.

It sounds like the program is always looking for volunteers. So this could be a way to help the community and keep the trails open.

Jeff

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Excellent idea Jeff. Do they have a website?

Also I think showing a presence at clean up days would be good. I think they have them at Ocotilla Wells, Glamis, etc.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Good idea!

In Michigan, the Department of Natural Resources will pay non profit groups to maintain off road trail. I did it last year and we received over $3,000 for the club.
If a local chapter is successful in Michigan and the group is looking for a way to raise funds, we will be sending a letter to the DNR.

Mike Jr.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer

Also I think showing a presence at clean up days would be good. I think they have them at Ocotilla Wells, Glamis, etc.

Rex. Clean up day at Glamis was last weekend. This is one of the things we ALL need to become involved in. Getting people to show up is the hard part.

Check out www.glamisonline.org for further clean up events and meetings.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Yeah Bulldog told me about it last weekend. I wish we would have had the time to organize a group to go out. For the next one maybe we can make an (unofficial) event of it and camp and do a cookout and stuff like that. Hmm.. Sounds like every weekend at Galmis.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Thanks Jeff

For some reason I am unable to get it to come up. I've tried just the Main home page and it won't come up either. I will try again later.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great idea Rex. Just let me know.;)

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yes, the next clean-up is on the March 2nd weekend but it is south of Glamis off of hwy 8 at Gorden's Well. I plan on being there.:cool:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
There is also one on March 16th and 29th. I will post a thread in this area with the three dates and we can see what dates the most people are available.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom