ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Replaced friends dented pipe on his 2001 KX125 with a Pro Curcuit pipe and Pro Curcuit shorty silencer.
The fit is down right ugly.
The pipe into the motor is a longer mount then the factory and the hanger on the top of the pipe is not bent the way the factory was so alignment is not very good. The shorty will not go all the way in the back of the pipe the way it should and the whole assembley is sloppy.
On my 2000 RM125 the FMF pipe and short fits like a glove and is rock solid.

Are not all aftermarket pipe companys the same? Or for some bikes just not as good as others?

I double checked the part numbers for the KX and its the right equipment. Anyone else have problems with pipes fitting on a KX or is it a Pro Circuit flaw?

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
i have a procirciut on my KX and i would agree with you the fit is not that good. the mounts were off i had to get out the oxy and do it my self.

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
I asked the guys at Yamaha of Troy and was told the Pro Curcuit pipes dont fit very well. I should have stuck with the FMF pipes like what is on my Suzuki, fits like a glove.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The Pro Circuit pipe for my 07 yz 250 fit really well. As good as stock.

I went to the fmf fatty pipe for the same bike and ended up taking it back becaus eit fit so poorly.

My advise would be to find some pipe that works and stay with it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My Thunder Alley pipe fit better than the factory pipe.

Top Bottom