KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
hey all i was on a local trailride last weekend, what an awesome day, 500 riders!!! a 40k loop in the morning followed by a 80k in the arvo. my first propper ride since the rebuild.

we had it all, fast sections, deep river crossings, insane hill climbs followed by stupidlly steep long down hills and heaps of technical stuff!

i rode my old KDX250, and ws surrounded by a sea of 450's whit the odd fellow oil burner, i hav got to say i was really impressed with my old girl!

as i dodged fallen 450's on my way up the hill climbs, and swirved arround them laying on there side's(even tho they have engine braking) on the downhills, blew them way on the short speed sections, and watched them being brought back on recovery vehicles, i was proud to be a 2 stroke boy!!!

we had 16 broken bikes that day all late model 250F's and 450's, oh and mine 2K out of camp my woodruff sheared off.

4 broken bones
and one hellicopter ride (not sure why)

STICK WITH 2 STROKE I SAY!!!

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
no its not fixed yet, i have a new key on the way, but i am trying to find the correct torque setting for the flywheel if anyone out ther has a manal for a 250....

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
47 ft-lb in 200 manual not listed in 250 supplement, Lube thread and face of nut.Mine had sheared as well when I first got it, timing was retarded heaps of top end no bottom sought of like riding an aircooled 2 stroke.

ssaulnier

Aug 24, 2002
I have had similar experiences with my '91 KDX-250. After swapping bikes I was not impressed with an '08 Yamaha 250F. It was nice, but no hit and it feels like you have to wind it up forever before shifting gears. It's owner was all smiles after getting off my KDX. He enjoyed the proper midrange "hit". The '08 KTM300 EXC is nice but I can't see paying that much money to ride trails.

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
i know what you mean if i had the money a 300EXC is what i would be sittin on!
they are coming down in price, i have seen 02 and 03 models over here for
about 3-4k.

Top Bottom