09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
Go get 'em Shaggy! :nod:

Just a bit of advice though.....I would encourage you not to go for the holeshot. Trust me......the first corner in M class is one hell of a lot different that Light Team!

You'll have a clear track for a while too, which is nice. But Fred Boling and the rest of the Heavy Teamers will be along shortly to give you some company. :)

(so, was your post that bad that you had to take it down?)

I too say "go get 'em Shagy!!!!"

Mark,
Thanks for the complement but, I am pretty sure he will see the rest of the Heavy Teamers followed by Fred Boling - I will get the hole shot though :nod:

Back to the Air Cleaners - I think I am going to try the No Toil stuff.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Thanks Mark & Fred,

I just plan on goin and givin every thing i got and hopefully i can end the day with a top 15 overall.

O and mark the first corner in the M class cant be as bad a full moto gate at portalnd in the first turn.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Shagy100 said:
Thanks Mark & Fred,

I just plan on goin and givin every thing i got and hopefully i can end the day with a top 15 overall.

O and mark the first corner in the M class cant be as bad a full moto gate at portalnd in the first turn.

Good luck Shaggy. Earning overall points would be a great accomplishment.

I politely disagree about the holeshot. Even with a full gate at a MX..the field has the entire start straight to sort out before the first corner. In M class, you have about 30 feet and you're in the first turn. Big difference. I guess if they moved the MX starting gate up to the first corner, you would have a point. ;)

Also....unless you're racing Open A or Pro at Portland, you're not going into the first corner with the same level of talent that's in the M class. Just something to consider.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I think you underestimate how good motocrossers are Mark. No disrespect to the "M" class but I think most of them would get their azzes handed to them in any "A" moto and probably a lot of "B" moto classes at any of the more populated MX Tracks in MI.

If you don't believe me go to Baja Acres and enter the "B" 250 class and compare. Hint, you have to make all the huge jumps and carry ridiculous corner speed to be in the top 10.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
I agree with fred and if you ride C class most of those guys think there Ricky Carmichael and it usually creates a first turn crash bigger than any NASCAR wreck out there

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Skippy, Kidner, Mike Tomanek, Corey Parlin and Matt Scheafor all have something in common....."A" class MX wins and holeshots. That's just a short list.

I've done my share of MX races too, so it's not like I haven't gone into the first corner during an MX (I even did an Arenacross at the Van Andel in GR once...with barkbusters and my big tank....on a bet..talk about Carmichael wanna-be's) but I'll let it drop there.

Note: Bring some extra cash w/you to HS races...the chip/scoring card that is replacing the barcodes will set you back $20. You wear it under your visor. Sounds cool.

Last edited:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Yam7M said:
Skippy, Kidner, Mike Tomanek, and Matt Scheafor all have something in common....."A" class MX wins and holeshots. That's just a short list.

I've done my share of MX races too, so it's not like I haven't gone into the first corner during an MX (I even did an Arenacross at the Van Andel in GR once...with barkbusters and my big tank....on a bet..talk about Carmichael wanna-be's) but I'll let it drop there.

Note: Bring some extra cash w/you to HS races...the chip/scoring card that is replacing the barcodes will set you back $20. You wear it under your visor. Sounds cool.
how big is the chip/scoring card any ideas?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
about the size of a playing card, I believe. You get one for the year. It is supposed to aid in sign up too. No more stopping for scoring/scanning. They hope to roll it out at Portland. Sounds like it's a go.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Good question. Pretty sure that they can change classes without changing cards. Team may be a challenge though. Give Kidner a call or email. He'll be able to answer. I'm sure that they've thought that through.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Shagy100 said:
so your tellin me i have NO buisness in the class. Im pretty much just rdin the class to ride as im not goin for points and to gauge where im at as far as what i should ride come next year when i race full time again.
Shaggy it's all your business, as it's your entree cash put down on the table. :cool: :ride:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I use/used NoToil and really like it. However, the ReadyFilters are much nicer. Cost works out to about the same if you cleaned the filters and you never have to _clean_ the filters.
Cool part is the ReadyFilters can be cleaned (with NoToil even) if you really want to re-use 'em.
Sooo much easier to just replace 'em though.

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Yam7M said:
Skippy, Kidner, Mike Tomanek, Corey Parlin and Matt Scheafor all have something in common....."A" class MX wins and holeshots. That's just a short list.

Wait I've won the A class at a mx. Damn you Mark and your short lists.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
scottyb479 said:
Wait I've won the A class at a mx. Damn you Mark and your short lists.

Nah....come on Scotty! According to some, you couldn't pull the holeshot and win a MX B class at Baja.... :rotfl:

I did say it was a short list....and on account of me being vertically challenged and all....I thought I had my bases covered with accidentally omitting some other worthy M class particpants who can actually ride MX too.

This is all for fun guys.... :)

I did get Scotty B to put one of his beers down so he could type one-handed with a response. That's worth the price of admission right there!! :yeehaw:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
what makes you think he typed it?

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
I still stand by my moto guys.... sorry boys.... come to Baja during the Brawl and see how everyone does.

My buddy Dustin is a damn fast A rider, and he gets his azz handed to him weekly on a full-blown 2010 CRF450 with a PC motor...the whole 9 yards. He cant even get the whole shot on that bike let alone win a moto. These boys are serious.

They're 2 completely different worlds.... Apples and Oranges :cool: .

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred T said:
what makes you think he typed it?

Good point Fred. He may have had one of the ladies that frequent the Barclay estate take a break from massage duty/beer fetching/sandwich making/etc to do some typing for him. I didn't think of that. :think:

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Rivard809 said:
I still stand by my moto guys.... sorry boys.... come to Baja during the Brawl and see how everyone does.

My buddy Dustin is a damn fast A rider, and he gets his azz handed to him weekly on a full-blown 2010 CRF450 with a PC motor...the whole 9 yards. He cant even get the whole shot on that bike let alone win a moto. These boys are serious.

They're 2 completely different worlds.... Apples and Oranges :cool: .

I bet they couldn't hole shot a harescramble...

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Jordan414 said:
I bet they couldn't hole shot a harescramble...

definitely, look at these holeshot guru's :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YRq_CFvbLk

practice does not make perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BMIzcb0b0

even the ladies are probably gonna whoop on some run of the mill mx'ers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWqpbQzFnHM&NR=1

i cant find a harescramble holeshot anywhere on youtube where half the field isnt wadding it, but theres no doubt they all have skills no mx'er will ever attain. not to mention that looks WAAAY different than holeshotting any other racing, i almost didnt even recognize what they were doing :think:

Last edited:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Apples and oranges. If you wanna see some good moto you forgot Nick V. Can't help you with enduro - apples and oranges.

Top Bottom