Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bush is going to address the country in a few minutes.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000

Quote from President Bush: "Now the Taliban will pay". Not much else you can say after that!

Mar 29, 2001
Let's all give our champions over there our continued prayers and support. I'm glad Bush of Bush's non negotiation stance with them and isn't falling for the Talibans continued stalling tactics. Their "Bin Ladin is a good man, he couldn't have done this", and "we don't know where he is", then "maybe if we ask him to leave, is that OK?". Now "let us try him ourselves". Yeah ok right. :silly: Now give 'em the spanking they rightfully deserve. :p

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Our Commander in Chief said:

---
Since September 11, an entire generation of young Americans has gained new understanding of the value of freedom and its cost and duty and its sacrifice.

The battle is now joined on many fronts. We will not waiver, we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail.

Thank you. May God continue to bless America.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Osama Bin Laden just said:

"The American people have begun to taste fear. From their Northern Border to Southern Border. From their East coast to West Coast. . . . . I say to the American people: I swear to God -- to Allah who holds up the sky and the Heavens -- that you will suffer. That you will not live safe lives." (close paraphrase).

I say keep it up. Keep that talk up so we maintain our resolve. So we know what kind of evil scum you are. So we remember why must pursue this enemy and kill, yes kill, you and all your helpers.

President Bush said that he would support the military's use of all "the tools" at its disposal. Talks like Bin Laden's are going to ensure that all our tools are indeed on the table. :p

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
This just in--

--
Taliban sources confirmed that the main command center at the Kandahar airport and radar system were destroyed as part of missile strikes on targets in Kandahar and Kabul fired from U.S. and British warships. The airport near Jalalabad has also been destroyed. A U.S. defense official said cruise missiles were used in the strikes and that both U.S. and British forces took part in the attacks. 1928 GMT, 011007

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
What a weenie!

Ol' Bin finally has something to say:

Here

Denying involvement of any of his compatriots in the suicide attacks in the US, Bin Laden said Islam prohibits killing of innocent people. He alleged that the attacks may be the handiwork of Israel, Russia, India or Serbia

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
This morning,here on the totally fearful west coast ( right ) when this all started, I was listening to AM 1070 as they report on the raid,when one of the newscasters reported feeling some kind of impact or concussion from a possible blast, turned out to be a 2.3 earthquake.

Media dipsticks please go home, we'll call you when it's over

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Media dipsticks please go home, we'll call you when it's over

LMAO.

Nightline did a story the other night dramatizing 7 days of a biological attack. Designed to make us fearful. I TOTALLY second your motion, JP.

B

biglou

Re:Media Dipsticks.

For me, one of the worst parts about times like these is the endless stream of inane questions and hypothysizing from the media. Truth is, there isn't that much to report, so they just yammer on and on ad nauseaum about any number of barely related topics and hypotheticalsituations. IMO, watch the coverage for a few minutes and then get away from it for a while. You'll know all the pertinant info within five minutes. Otherwise, you risk saturating yourself. This has been my philosophy on many events. JMHO.:)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Being one who remembers the body count every night on the news, I never thought I would want to see world war. But in light of our clear objective, I whole heartedly welcome it.

"Give 'em HELL Dubya!"

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm with you Jaybird! Give 'em hedoubletoothpicks, dubya!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I also like the fact that "after the bombs comes the bread"--we're dropping rations on the refugees from the Taliban. I also heard somewhere that the "resistance" has taken back some cities in Afghanistan.

And Tony Blair, bless his heart, said all the right things as well!:)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
2nd wave of attacks...

going on now!

Go get 'em boys and God bless America!!!

-jeffd

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Day two, I think I'm feeling a little more secure than Mr. Big Nogin right about now.
I don't think it's over here, but at least we're looking now.

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Crew comments

--Here is some post-mission comments made by crew of a B-52. :)

someone had recently painted "NYPD -- We Remember" on the nose of one of the B- 52s used in the bombing run.
"Stinky", a tanker pilot, remembered hearing part of President Bush's address to the nation while out on his mission. "It kind of made chills go up my back," he said. "(It) made me real proud to be an American, proud to be in the military," and very proud to be part of this team.

Top Bottom