Alessi/Tedesco at glen Helen-adult language involved

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I heard about Alessi pushing and shoving Tedesco instead of getting up and getting back to riding but today found a link that shows much more. Allessi T-boned (not clear on video but Billywho confirms) Alessi then stood on Tedesco's front tire so he couldn't lift his bike and get back to racing. Not only does he get in everybody's way he also causes a couple more guys to go down.
Walker has caught some flack but as he goes by and sees the little prick messing with his teammate walker spins around and pushes Alessi off Tedesco . I don't agree with fighting on the track but Alessi had it coming if he had gotten roughed up a bit more.
Here is the link but be forewarned The cameraman gets wrapped up in the moment and uses some language that may offend some Open this at your own risk
http://media.putfile.com/GlenHelen/320

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If you watch this at work.. turn the sound off before opening.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Interesting. Looked like by standing on Tedesco's tire, Alessi was making it harder to pick his own bike up.

It seemed like both riders were about to get under way when Walker got involved. Hard to tell if Alessi's bike was running, and then he stalled it after Walker knocked him off balance.

IMO, both Alessi and Walker should get fined.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hard to tell if Alessi's bike was running, and then he stalled it after Walker knocked him off balance.
So was it running or not, lol? Frankly I'm surprised Ivan didn't take his head off before Walker got there.

About the only thing I see walker getting penalized for is going the wrong way on the track.

And BTW, best to Walker, heard he wad'd bad later in the moto, still out when they got him to the hospital.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I previously thought that Alessi was just a cocky kid that could ride. Now I think he's as much of a wanker as Senna was and Schumacher is.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
no video. I wonder what happened to it?

B

biglou

Ugg, no QT at work. :( I hope it's still up when I get home tonight.

Tedesco said in Racer X's Monday Wake-Up that it was "all he could do to keep himself from uppercutting the kid right under his helmet".

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Alessi knew his bike wasn't gona start. So I guess the new 4 stroke class tactic is to stand on the other guys bike until it quits. That way they can have a kick-off to see who goes first :)

AngryCandy

Mar 2, 2001
After Tedesco took off and Walker got his bike running again, he should have just sat there and given Alessi the roosting of a lifetime....THAT would have been classic! :rotfl:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okiewan said:
So was it running or not, lol?

I was thinking that if Alessi's bike was running while on its side, he still had an excellent chance to win the championship. If he only stalled due to Walker shoving him, Walker's actions may have played a big part in deciding the title.

FWIW, I saw an interview with Langston re: the 2006 KXF, and he said it was much easier to start. I think all the top Kawasaki guys were on 2006 models at GH.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Allesi's already small fan base may shrink a bit more after that. :ohmy:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I was thinking that if Alessi's bike was running while on its side, he still had an excellent chance to win the championship. If he only stalled due to Walker shoving him, Walker's actions may have played a big part in deciding the title.

Looks like the kid made some bad decisions then ....

1) T-bone Tedesco
2) Try to keep Ivan from getting up, instead of just picking-up his own bike
3) Trying to keep Ivan down long enough that his teammate came by

Maybe just trying to win it straight-up would have been a better idea?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
. . . Frankly I'm surprised Ivan didn't take his head off before Walker got there.
Evidently, Hot Sauce can keep his cool (HAR!)

sure, Alessi is keeping Tedesco from beating him, but he's also keeping himself behind Tedesco. Now I'm no Svengali and can't read minds, but I would think that Tedesco knew the point situation and that the only guy who had a chance of beating him was standing there on his front wheel.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
dirt bike dave Quote:

FWIW, I saw an interview with Langston re: the 2006 KXF, and he said it was much easier to start. I think all the top Kawasaki guys were on 2006 models at GH.

I was checking out some pictures from the pits and Langstons looks like the only one with the new Aluminum frame. They show a close up of Tadescos MXDN bike and it has the steel frame. Cant find a pic of Walkers though.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Notice even after all of Alessi's efforts, Ivans bike never stalled. As soon as Walker got Alessi off of him, Ivan picked up his bike and was gone. IMO Alessi's bike had stalled right off. KTM.........Kick.....Till......Monday..... :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
found this description on another board today
Copied from ProRide:
First off, if anyone on this board has a Motonews (Mototalk) account please post the following over there. A couple of people are telling a very bad account of what happened and it is making Ivan Tedesco and Matt Walker look real bad......

I was standing right in the corner and watched everything happen from start to finish.

Alessi came in on the inside of Tedesco VERY HOT!!!! If nobody was there to stop Alessi's bike he probably would of jumped the berm. Anyway, they collided and went down hard. Next is where it took a turn for the very strange and very bad. When Alessi got up instead of going to pick up his bike he ran over to Tedesco's bike and grabbed the kill switch trying what looked like a blatant move to kill Tedesco's bike. tedesco was just getting up off the ground and he immediately tried to push Alessi back so he could get his own bike going. They got into a little shoving match and both went back the ground. As Alessi got back up he picked up the bars of his own bike and dropped his bar in Tedesco's spoke (I swear to this!!!, you will see it on the OLN telecast!). As Tedesco is trying to push Alessi back and get his own bike out Alessi stood on Tedesco's wheel trying to prevent him from picking it up. Just then Matt Walker passed by, turned around and threw his bike on the ground to help Tedesco get going again. This was not specifically team tactics but just an intelligent rider on the track trying to help his teammate (I think Walker has made some bad decisions but without him there Tedesco may STILL be trying to get Alessi off of him.) Walker then pushed Alessi back so Tedesco could get his bike up and started. Tedesco took off, Alessi and Walker got there bikes started and off they went. If Alessi would of gotten up and right to HIS OWN BIKE that was still running he may have had a chance to jump 5 or 6 spots ahead before Tedesco got going thus possibly winning the championship. Instead he made what was probably the worst decision I have ever seen made on a motocross track.

Once again, please post on Mototalk cuz a couple of idiots are telling this story in a very bad way and I wanted to assist in clearing the air until we all see the race on tv next weekend.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Oldguy.. I think the guy that posted that was confused on what bike was running, for sure Ivans was, watch the tape he never kicks it before he takes off. At some point Alessi's bike had stalled.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okie - don't get me wrong - I am NOT defending any of Alessi's actions. He did what he had to in Moto 1, but that was pure ugliness in Moto 2.

I am a little confused by the praise for Walker, though. He went backwards on the track to shove another rider. I can't view the vid this morning, but it seemed to be that by the time Walker got there, Alessi was off of Ivan.

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
I saw Mitch Payton talking to his guys before the moto. I read somewhere that he was telling them to watch out for some "Alessi Antics". Walker shoved Alessi off of Tedesco's bike. They could have stayed there all night and the result would have been the same. The Pro Circuit team really turned into a "Monster" in the second moto.

ONLY Langston had a 2006 KX250F. They did not have enough spare parts for more than one rider.

When Walker arrived, Alessi was in full fledged sabotage mode. It appeared to me that he actually placed his handlebar into Tedesco's rim.

Looking back, Tedesco could have just sat there and had a conversation with him while he danced on his front spokes. The farther back they would have fallen, the less oportunity for either of them to score points. Alessi needed the points, NOT Tedesco.

Karma's a biatch. Alessi ended up crashing out and getting landed on later in the moto. Tedesco sipped Champaign! :)

dante

Mar 24, 2004
This all is rather shocking to me... I was at the race but I was watching the whoops after the big table so i did'nt see it... It took a very long time for Alessi to re fire his bike... He got going again in 31st, and worked his way back up to 14 or someplace around there by the finish of the moto... I was listening on the radio and they really did'nt say anything other than "Tedesco is now under way" "alessi is trying to refire his bike" or something like that... Later their was another crash and the announcer said it was the same place were allessi and tedesco came together, as if to say the allessi, tedesco incident was normal racing contact... (Maybe I'm reading into it to much) I don't understand why they did'nt broadcast any of those things that allegidly happened.
But man Tedesco, and Grant really sort of went off on him from the podium, so clearly something serious happened... Apperantly Grant was run off the track by allessi eariler and that's why he cut the course, but he let allessi go by first so he gained no advantage... Let me tell you though Grant was the man at Glen Helen, that guy can friggin ride... Also he was the only guy on an 06kx250f... He made me want to buy one, "he was like go get yourself one of these things!!!"

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Oh my.... watching that video in slow-mo and frame by frame is too funny. Alessi got slung when he hit Hot Sauce... but sprinted over to stand on his front wheel. Even after a shove or two. Good stuff for a final moto, even if it is bull$hit, at least it's some drama. In the end, Tedesco still prevailed.

What was it that my mom used to say.... oh yeah.... "cheaters never win." :moon:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
twoofeach said:
Looking back, Tedesco could have just sat there and had a conversation with him while he danced on his front spokes. The farther back they would have fallen, the less oportunity for either of them to score points. Alessi needed the points, NOT Tedesco. :)

Great point! And from the Racer X conversation with Tedesco, it sounds like he knew that as well.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
The sad thing about the whole situation is that he would be champ if he hadn't pitched it away in a couple of races well and that punk Langston ramming him at Hangtown!

Top Bottom