wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I finally got some "almost new" Tech 8's, and would love to hear some feedback on them. I saw they sell for around $275, and am hoping they are as good as the price is high. BTW, I paid 200 for them. Thanks in advance for any comments!

WO

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I have a pair that about 2 years old now and i have no big complaints about them. The only thing that i noticed is that the inserts on the soul of the boot arent that effective. I wore out the part under the ball of the foot which isn't part of the replacement piece. But thats it, they have held up real well so far.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Are the Tech 6's about the same as the T-8's only without the bootie?
I'm kind of leaning toward the T6 for my next boot purchase.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I have some tech 6's and love them. I have worn them for almost three years and they are still in great shape. Very comfortable and very supportive. I just replaced the sole insert in them and they are like a brand new pair of boots. The insert cost me 18 bucks and should get me another 3 years.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thanks, I've been wearing M-4's for a little over a year & 1/2. I really like them but I ripped the inside of my right boot on the foot peg right after I bought them so at least I have one vented boot:confused:
The bottoms are getting in pretty bad shape so I plan on getting some new ones.
My daughter has the youth T-6's and she really likes them. She had some MSR's till she out grew and she praises the Alpinestars. I'll have to give em a shot myself.

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
I've had a pair of Tech 8's for over a year, no complaints. The only thing I notice is the weight, they are heavier than other boots.

Matt

teamgrn84

~SPONSOR~
Sep 3, 2001
tech 8's resoled!

I've had a pair of tech 8's for 2 years ! They are the best boots i have ever had. I recently got them completely re-soled the soles wew 36.00 dollars and a boot repair shop charged me 51.00 dollars for the labor. Good as new. Mine had also worn out on the balls of my feet. This was well worth it.!!!!

vwwww

Aug 21, 2001
Hey Jeff, one important difference between tech 6's & 8's is that the 6's have plastic buckles and the tech 8's have metal buckles. My last pair of boots were tech 5's and they had plastic buckles, sometimes they would not want to close. I was thinking of buying tech 6's until I saw that. bought tech 8's instead. have not used them yet, still waiting for snow too melt. my opinion plastic buckles bad, metal buckles good. Hope that helps.:)

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I've had tech 6's for about a year now. In terms of comfort, protection and value for money they are reasonably good imo.

On the downside they seem to be designed for one riding style, and not exactly an "orthodox" one. People with a different riding style, eg me, lose out.

As Casper says, the arch part of the soul that is easily replaceable isn't much use, since for me the soul is quite worn from the arch to the ball, so now the whole soul needs to be replaced. Also I have a hole worn from up-shifting in the soft material just above the plastic part that is supposedly designed to shift with. So my left foot gets soaked every ride :mad:. Other than that they have held up fairly well, minus one broken strap.

Those fairly small points would be enough to discourage me from buying another pair.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
got 'em!

Well they came the other day, and they are sweet!! Looks like the straps are a bit tight for me, so as soon as I figure out how to open them up for my ham-hocks, Im set.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
just got mine today.havent gone riding yet with them but a huge, huge improvement over my msr world tours. The most support i have ever felt in a boot!!!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I just got a pair recently haven't really tested'em yet but I can all ready tell the ankle support in them is much much better than the axo rc4's I was wearing. Question: What about those little gel inserts one of mine kinda worked loose out of the slot and started to wear away. Is there a fix for this? or anyone know of anything else than can be used to get the same effect? I'm sure aplinestars sells replacements but are they expensive?

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
washing the booties?

Hey do you guys wash your booties in the washing machine, or do you hand wash them?
Thanks!

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Wayneo i was wondering the same thing..Doesnt come with washing imstruction or anything..Im assuming so..Or just soap and water in a bucket?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I spray the dirt/mud off, spray 'em down with Simple Green, let 'em sit for a few minutes, the power wash them.

If I was so inclined to put 'em in the washing machine, there would be hell to pay. :scream:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Okie do you power wash the actual boot, or the inside mesh booties? My powerwasher would tear the inner booties to pieces. I also use SG on the outside, and it works great.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Try "GOOP"

Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
Thanks, I've been wearing M-4's for a little over a year & 1/2. I really like them but I ripped the inside of my right boot on the foot peg right after I bought them so at least I have one vented boot:confused:
The bottoms are getting in pretty bad shape so I plan on getting some new ones.
My daughter has the youth T-6's and she really likes them. She had some MSR's till she out grew and she praises the Alpinestars. I'll have to give em a shot myself.

I did the same thing and glued the hole closed with GOOP, still good as new a year later.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I wash the bootie in the washing machine on gentle cycle.

Just a word about simple green. It is a degreaser and will remove the oils from the leather on both the bootie and boot. So I used some leather conditioner on both. Otherwise the leather will dry out and crack.

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
take the inner sole out of the bootie when ya wash um,,it tends to curl up on the edges and also the rubber thingys under-um.. glue um..
Just my experience.
See Ya.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Mine are coming up on 5 years old-I just wash the boots w/ hose pressure or low pressure @ car wash. The booties are kind of sensitive to soap as mentioned earlier-I just hand wash using water, no soap.

BTW, these are by far the best boots I've ever owned in terms of comfort and durability. Maybe I'll finally retire these next year. Great boots:)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Senasitive to soap???

What do you mean..? I would think that soap and water in a bucket would do the trick? Okie simple green? That doesnt hurt the bootie in any way??
Marc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom