AMA district 16 is loosing a topline Family

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
If anyone has ever raced a District 16 MX (and some Northern Illinois races) they have seen the Torque Center "Goodies from California" trailer and Mike and Gayle Gaborski. Due to Mikes health at this time they have made the decision to close the shop.
Many racers weekends have been saved by them. I can think of at least 2 times that we ran down for an emergency tire change or set of bars between motos and once installed sent to the start line with "just come back after you are done and we will settle up". There have been instances where I have seen Mike or Gayle tell a rider just come back and pay when you have the money we trust you.
Mike and Gayle have devoted themselves to improving MX in the entire area and they will be missed immensly.
Please if you are at one of the next few races be sure to seek them out and thank them for what they have done for all of us and be especially sure to shake Mike's hand personally. He is difficult to understand but his mind is still as sharp as ever and it means alot to him to see everyone.
I know I will miss seeing them at races after july or august

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
No more torque center :eek: :(

Last year at azzie my dad and I were hanging there waiting for my tire to get changed and Mike came and sat next to us. Got talking and he's a cool guy!! I think at the end he knocked another $10 off or something just because. That trailer has gotten me back on the track way too many times :cool:

I had heard rumors that they had sold the shop and now didn't have much mx stuff?? But it sounds like they are completely closing. A bummer either way. I loved that store :ugg:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wow... bad news.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
A true pioneer in our area no question. They supported Megacross for years, even though they were mainly in WI. I seen in the paper that they decided to close.
they will be missed for sure.

wardy

Top Bottom