dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I went to one in NorCal several years ago (Carnegie/Tracy) and it was a blast.

The night before I had been to an ArenaCross, and IMO the hill climb was more fun to watch.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I stand corrected - this is not the AMA NAtional Hillclimb series, it is the North American Hillclimb Series (NAHA). Still should be good times - Travis Whitlock is one of the series competitors, so it seems legit.

Here's their link: http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
I went to one in NorCal several years ago (Carnegie/Tracy) and it was a blast.

The night before I had been to an ArenaCross, and IMO the hill climb was more fun to watch.

I remember seeing few hillclimbs posted at Carnegie, but I didn't have the chance to show up and watch. I actually considered entering my CR500 in the amateur class, but turned chicken. The amatuer hill was a lot smaller than the Pro hill (not so wicked at all) and you would enter your stock wheelbase bike with knobbies only. Many guys would take an M5B knobbie and cut every second knob row out to make an imitation paddle (observed the day before the event).

It reminded me of the seventies, when there would be two or three hillclimbs locally (Alberta). I entered everyone of them as did the other motorcycle nuts in town (on our stock moto bikes). I can still hear the sound of Kawi 500 triples screaming up the hill by the river. The serious guys headed down south to Billings where the real action was.

I noticed that they have a 450F/250 2 stroke class - maybe some of the crew are going to give it go?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Check out the bikes these guys ride in the http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/ riders profiles.

The bike Robbie Petersen rides in open ex is powered by a 2500cc V twin that his dad used to run. The cylinders are made from civil war cannon barrels :aj: to keep the bang inside the motor!

Top Bottom