Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
PICKERINGTON, Ohio (March 31, 2006) -- AMA Pro Racing announced today that the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship presented by FMF will return to OLN with improved air-times and shorter turn-around
[img2=left]http://dirtrider.net/ama_chevy_120px.jpg[/img2] coverage. Telecasts of the premier AMA Motocross class will occur on Saturdays following each race with coverage of the Motocross Lites class set to air on the Monday after that. Two events, Red Bud and Unadilla, will be seen the following Sunday, one week after the race, due to OLN's coverage of the Tour de France.

"AMA Pro Racing is pleased to have OLN back on board with AMA Motocross for 2006," said AMA Pro Racing Vice President, Director of Commercial Development, John C. Farris, Jr. "OLN recognized the improvements that needed to be made to the telecast schedule and stepped up to the changes. Plus with OLN's commitments to other marquee sports properties like the NHL and Tour de France, the network is well positioned for continued growth and expects to be in nearly 70 million homes in 2006."

Farris added that global coverage of AMA Motocross has also continued to expand. AMA Motocross is shown in nearly 100 territories around the world, reaching millions of households in key markets.

AMA Pro Racing also announced that Erin Bates, Brian Drebber and Racer X Illustrated's David Pingree are set to provide commentary for each telecast.

"This is a solid announcing team that will add tremendous value to the telecasts," noted Farris. "Brian is a seasoned motorsports presenter with a wealth of experience and Erin will bring her usual flair and insight to the shows. We're particularly happy to add David's voice to our coverage this year. ‘Ping', as he's known to his fans, is a former professional AMA Motocross and AMA Supercross rider and has transitioned nicely to his role as a motocross journalist. We're confident he'll add a unique perspective thanks to his connection to the racing community."

Final airtimes will be announced in the coming weeks. Visit www.amamotocross.com for further details.

Trailgage

Jul 14, 2001
Why OLN?

I have a hard time believing AMA Motocross would go to OLN. Almost nobody in our neck of the woods has OLN. Many people around here have never heard of OLN.
Sounds like a really good way to reduce the number of viewers. I am sure I am not seeing the whole picture but for me it means no Motocross on TV this year.
:(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom