jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
What's the skinny on this stuff? Is it as good as they make it out to be, or is mostly just hype? I've never heard anything bad about it, but I don't actually know anyone who uses it. What do you all think? Is it as good as Amsoil claims that it is?

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I've used their 2 stroke oil and wheel bearing greases with great success, but don't believe that 100:1 premix stuff. :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The 100:1 is old school Amsoil, they don't suggest it for motorcycles. They make excellent products for lubrication and filtration. I started using it instead of Motul and saw great results so I switched my truck over, then it's transmission, then the diff. I now run Amsoil products in everything from my pressure washer to my John Deere tractor to my Ford Powerstroke. I even do the extended drain program on my truck and the lab results always say I should leave the oil in but I typically change it at 10,000 miles just because. Yesterday I changed the oil & filters on my truck after almost 20,000 miles and I suspect the results will come back that the oil would have still been fine to run. In my dirt bikes I never had any issues running the Series 2000 premix oil at 50:1 in either my KTM 360 or my son's KTM 50. I ran either the Amsoil Powershift ATF (heavy equipment ATF) or their standard ATF in the gear box and never had any issues. Eric Gorr split the cases on my 360 (crank seal) and said everything looked perfect but we replaced the ORIGINAL piston & rings as a feel good measure. Trashing a motorcycle engine is one thing, killing a John Deere tractor or Ford Powerstroke is something totally different. If I didn't feel comfortable with their products they wouldn't be in any of my vehicles. :thumb:

Hevster1

May 2, 2000
I used amsoil in the 80's for the first time in my bikes and I was pleased with the results. I now use it in everything and it works as advertised. I have a 4 stroke ktm and it runs better with it than with the bel ray I used to use. I also use it in my 02 toyota pickup and change it every 10 k with no problems. I like it so much I became a dealer! I gave some 2 stroke to a friend who had fouling problems on his ktm 250 and no more problem. He was using bel ray or spectro sx. It is good stuff.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I know a dealer. Maybe I should check into switching more of my stuff over.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Danman
Are you sending oil samples to the lab to have them looked at or are you returning them to Amsoil?
I send it to a lab that provides predictive failure results as well.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My decoder ring is in the shop but if your asking if it's OK to use Amsoil ATF in the gearbox of a 2 stroke then the answer is yes. I had very good results doing so. DO NOT! try to do the same on a four stroke!!!

Top Bottom