k.morgan

Sep 12, 2004
My boyfriend introduced me to riding a little over two years ago. I recently purchased a kdx200. It feels like I am learning how to ride all over again. I broke my foot a year ago and it seems as though I have fear of another injury. I am not as fast or confident as I was prior to the broken foot. I am hoping that I can overcome this and let go of the death grip!!!!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Everyone rides with "Ghosts". It's just part of riding. You'll get over it, and be better than before. Just get out there and ride!

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
So true...we've all got a situation or two that increases anxiety.

Of course, we all know that the more relaxed you are, the less likely you are to bauble and make a mistake, so it doesn't do any good to fret about it. The only thing that seems to work well is to get as much protective gear on as possible, and keep re-conquering the section/situation that gave you the injury. Or a similar section that's maybe not as extreme. I pounded my face on my front fender by doing a goofy corner during a sand ride, because I used hardpack technique on a sand course. I cursed the sand for a year, then finally made a commitment to learn how to ride in the loose stuff. I spent a couple of hours observing good riders attacking the same corner I ate it in, and just duplicated their posture and momentum.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

As others have said, we all have ghosts. I broke my foot at DirtWeek '02 and pinned it in the exact same manner this last week at DirtWeek '04. Although it hurts to walk around barefooted again it was worth the risk to enjoy riding the woods.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom