2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I know this subject has been covered extensively BUT :moon: I found this >www.kemcooil.com/lead_supreme.php < Says it is TEL.

I thought that there was not TEL available. Outside of the built in problems with pump gas, would this be a viable means of rasing octane?

I have allready swithced to race fuel for the bike (C-12) but I am thinking about for my higher fuel consumption toys, watercraft at 20 to 50 gallons a day.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
TEL is still one of the most effective ways to reduce knock but as you pointed out it doesn't always resond the way we expect it to with the current crop of pump fuel additives. I was under the impression that straight TEL couldn't be sold to the general public, I guess I was wrong. If it really is straight TEL then it's certainly worth experimenting with.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Yes Rich, I also thought it was unavailable to members of the public. Maybe it is a sting to catch us hydrocarbon burning enviro-terrorists :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
LOL :)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
even if lead is available to the general public isn't it a major no no in the watercraft? not from the engines point of veiw but from the body of waters point of view.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am kinda happy i am not a fish! if a race fuel is 4g TEL.gal-1, then from what i can see, after a days riding my bike has consumed 8 grams of lead, where does it go?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by jmics19067
even if lead is available to the general public isn't it a major no no in the watercraft? not from the engines point of veiw but from the body of waters point of view.

I know lead is not allowed in ISJBA competition, but for a grudge racer. :silly: And what about all the boats? They are all out there burnin Av-gas and consuming large amounts. Go gasoline ally on Lake Havasu, a little lead may be good to keep the bacteria level down. LOL

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I dont know I just remember seeing a watercraft specific fuel on VP racings flier or website or something.I didnt even think of all the different avenues of water recreation

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom