Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I recently ran upon this product:
Link

Now, I know this is in no way a viable replacement for a quality race fuel, but how much could I safely raise the octane of pump premium with this?

I assume that it would be much more effective than toluene or MMT octane boosters.

I know that with all of these things (pump fuel included) throttle response will not be ideal, but my purpose here would not be to get ideal throttle response but to keep the motor from grenading itself when I do not have time to source race fuel (the closest place is 50 minutes or so away now, and it's a no name blend).

Thanks!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Thanks Rich! I guess I should have searched harder. :)

What is the shelf life for race gas stored in a sealed metal drum?

Basically, I have a bike that is setup to run race fuel but is only ridden two or three times a year. Nobody around here carries VP anymore (I can only buy underground tank Sunoco). Basically, I'm just looking for an easy way to be able to run the bike (which is just play ridden by my dad) without burning a nice hole through the piston.

Has anyone had any experience with the Klotz product called Hitrate?

I'm going to skip the TEL based on the obvious health risks involved. Thanks for your help.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Studboy said:
Thanks Rich! I guess I should have searched harder. :)

What is the shelf life for race gas stored in a sealed metal drum?

Basically, I have a bike that is setup to run race fuel but is only ridden two or three times a year. Nobody around here carries VP anymore (I can only buy underground tank Sunoco). Basically, I'm just looking for an easy way to be able to run the bike (which is just play ridden by my dad) without burning a nice hole through the piston.

Has anyone had any experience with the Klotz product called Hitrate?

I'm going to skip the TEL based on the obvious health risks involved. Thanks for your help.

VP leaded will last about 6-7months in a jug. . .
i think about 1½years in the sealed drum

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Hey rich a fellow D23 racer told me today that the reason his bike blew up was because he used octane boost. Is there any truth to this? It was the 104+ stuff, I find this really hard to believe. thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
What exactly does blew up mean? You'll need to be a LOT more specific.

Last edited:

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
well he said it seized the crank and locked up the piston, this is a 05 crf 250. Is there any type of alcohol in it? btw whats MMT. Correct me if I am wrong but arent oxygenates and octane boosters usually seperate.

Top Bottom