holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Anybody riding? How about the new Cal city trails? I've been ordered to take some vacation (because of a slowdown). Smilestoner is always an option, because it's close and fun (intermediate and vet tracks anyway) and I can go alone - no probs. Rumor is that they've tamed the main track so that even spodes can ride it (maybe). But that track has very poor drainage, so when there are heavy rains, you need to bring a snorkel to ride there. And going around in circles has it's limitations.

Anybody for a dez trailride in the near future?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
holeshot said:
Anybody for a dez trailride in the near future?

Yes

I have mostly been riding around the house with my daughter on my lap. I picked up a set of off road wheels for the SM. Thinking about riding over to Cleghorn for a short ride sometime this weekend.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
JWW said:
Yes

I have mostly been riding around the house with my daughter on my lap. I picked up a set of off road wheels for the SM. Thinking about riding over to Cleghorn for a short ride sometime this weekend.

Be careful, dirt biking can turn into a sickness with girls too. Seems like yesterday that my daughter was riding on the tank of my Honda. She's grown now - too bad her boyfriend is a quadtard.

If you get your bike together, post up a time for a (short) SoCal Wrecking Crew Cleghorn ride. :ride:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
holeshot said:
If you get your bike together, post up a time for a (short) SoCal Wrecking Crew Cleghorn ride. :ride:

I'm probably going to ride from my house tomorrow. I have been getting up early for the last two weeks so I was thinking about leaving my house around 8:30. That would put me at Cleghorn around 9ish. I can meet you at either staging area about that time.

If anybody wants to meet give me a call 909-770-3309.

Plated from my house (15 & Summit Ave) at 8:30 or Cleghorn around 9:00.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
holeshot said:
Be careful, dirt biking can turn into a sickness with girls too. Seems like yesterday that my daughter was riding on the tank of my Honda. She's grown now - too bad her boyfriend is a quadtard.

I would have thought you raised here to be better than that.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
JWW said:
I'm probably going to ride from my house tomorrow. I have been getting up early for the last two weeks so I was thinking about leaving my house around 8:30. That would put me at Cleghorn around 9ish. I can meet you at either staging area about that time.

If anybody wants to meet give me a call 909-770-3309.

Plated from my house (15 & Summit Ave) at 8:30 or Cleghorn around 9:00.

The plan is to be at Cleghorn at 9 am tomorrow - I assume at the 15 and Cleghorn small staging spot. If for some reason you're not there, I'll ride Cleghorn anyway or maybe continue on to Cal City.

thumbs said:
I would have thought you raised her (daughter) to be better than that.

I tried my best ... :( :nod:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well, the weather was great for a Cleghorn ride and people didn't start arriving in numbers until we were done (minimal head on situations).

I had a little arthritic "gefuff" with my left ankle (and in general) but I wasn't going to put off riding - next thing you know its 110 degrees and I'm waiting until 2011 to ride trails.

We tried a trail (fairly easy, really) that I've gone up before, but somehow my ying and yang got out of sync and I blew it. Couldn't pick the bike up, even with my best "heave ho", so Jeff had to pick it up. Disgusting. I guess I'm done with lame excuses now. :ahhh: Easy fireroads were on the menu for the rest of the day.

I had a chance to take a short spin on Jeff's DRZ ... that thing has the type of power that hooks up like velcro and has comfy suspension and seat. Another benefit is that you could hold it wide open, fan the clutch and not get skeered. It kind of reminded me of the fun dual sport bikes we had back in the '70's (but a lot better).

All in all... an awesome trail/fireroad ride ... :cool:

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Was a nice little ride until I got the flat. That ride home sucked. I could get it up to about 35 on the straights but had to drop down to about 5 mph for the turns.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
freeeezzzzen burn, trail ICE warning...

Hey JWW, how's that elbow. Watch out, the ice is still lurking out there, just waiting for an other victim. :ohmy: ;)
Best Regards, Porkchop... :cool:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Still a little sore.

I did freak out a little when we started running into the patchy snow and ice.

Im ready for another ride next weekend though.

Top Bottom