medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
It's been 4 weeks since I've been on a bike. I'm not finding any indoor mx tracks in Michigan that are open anymore. Last winter I rode at two different ones. Have they all closed?

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Prosource in Tecumseh-closed. Mxtreme in Kalamazoo-closed. Fenton-closed. Port Huron Dome-closed. Waterman in Illinois-OPEN. Road trip coming up as soon as my truck is fixed. Where is the other track in Illinois located?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Near Oak Lawn, chicagomxindoors? I can check later. Starting the new year off properly? Going to work? Any who, that new track is at least an hour closer. That sandbox is about 6~8 hours from me, bottom of the lake. What about zeeland? Vintage Bob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
have you checked on mccullochs pro mx in walled lake?

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Zeeland closed 'years' ago. McCulloughs, I'm pretty sure, was the sports dome in Port Huron. Chicagomxindoors looks like a go, I'm emailing them now. How cool would that be! I've been visiting my Dad in Chicago weekly since he broke his femur. WOW, I'm excited and I've got a place to stay overnight. Maybe I could ride two days in a row if my knees hold out.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah sucks no more indoor tracks here. I was looking at the one in Chicago. Sandy let me know how it is! It's not all that far to drive.

dirtmark

Oct 22, 2007
mculloughs pro mx was in walled lake - closed
he was helping in port huron - closed

heard good about ramjam in ohio , just west of cleveland

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There used to be a track south of Columbus Ohio. Raced like 4 days a week. Small live stock barn. They raced in the 70's, to mid 90's I know for sure! I do not recall seeing them in the ama book lately though. Kentucky is the new hot spot south? It will be mid January at the earliest before I will hit up Chicago indoors. And give a 3 sentence ride report? The few people I know thats been there, liked the set up, compared to Watermans. That tight chicane at the finish was changed, and so was the prices lowered. Sure hope it works out for them. Below 20 f is too cold to ride outside, for me. Vintage Bob

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Vintage Bob, 20 f! I stop riding with the first snowflake. I'm just waiting for a power steering reservoir to come in for my truck. Say hi if you see a short, slow rider at the Chicago track.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We're going to Waterman next weekend for a rental. Sandy or Tracie - give me a shout if you're thinking about heading to Chicago MX, I'm hoping to make it there sometime in the next month or two.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Update.... Chicago MX dropped their prices! $20 during the week, $30 on weekends, plus $10 each day if not a member. Anyone up for a mid-week ride sometime in the next month or so?

http://www.chicagomxatv.com/

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
nikki said:
We're going to Waterman next weekend for a rental. Sandy or Tracie - give me a shout if you're thinking about heading to Chicago MX, I'm hoping to make it there sometime in the next month or two.

Def. want to check it out Nikki! I'll let you know!

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Chicagomx was a blast! I got a great workout. The space was big and the lanes wide. You could fly high if you wanted to or ride like me. There's nothing like a good ride to get your head back on straight. I'm planning on going again soon. I can sqeeze 2 big bikes and my little one in the back of my truck if anyone's interested in carpooling.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
medwaste said:
Chicagomx was a blast! I got a great workout. The space was big and the lanes wide. You could fly high if you wanted to or ride like me. There's nothing like a good ride to get your head back on straight. I'm planning on going again soon. I can sqeeze 2 big bikes and my little one in the back of my truck if anyone's interested in carpooling.

Sandy

We should hook up and go for sure! I usually have a weekday off. My 3 place open trailer isn't available right now, all I have is my 6x12 enclosed set up for 3 bikes.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Glad you had fun there! Give me a shout the next time you go, maybe we can all meet up for a mid-week ride.

We rode Waterman Saturday night, had a group rental... and had a great time. Haven't been there for a few years, but the track was pretty much the same, slightly longer than it was... fun, safe, best built whoops section I think I've ever rode (well, except for the Pontiac Amateur SX day like 8 years ago). We got tons of riding time, I rode both the 250F and 150RB... and could barely lift my arms for two days! :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Mid-week ride would be awesome. Those are pretty easy for me to get off and looks like the track is just over 2 1/2 hours from here. Not bad at all. We should plan one soon. Not sure if Phil would be able to go, have to talk with his boss. As long as I know a week in advance I can put it on the calendar. I do have one of my managers going to school so I know I can't get Mon or Wed. Any other day should be fine though.

Top Bottom