Any other 450's losing coolant?

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
I bent my radiator neck first day out and repaired it, but now I am losing coolant. I thought it was my radiator maybe not sealing right but I have a friend who checked his and it was way down as well. I am going to try some type of engine ice and watch it. I know if they idle long they will spew it out but I am careful not to do that. Keep in mind it is 80 - 90 degrees here also, as some of you may be in very cold climates and I wouldn't expect you are having any problems like this. Just curious if this is a common problem. :think

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Too full?

Maybe your shop overfilled the radiator? You will prob experience a few things when you break in your new ride. I left my WR idling when it was new for just a couple minutes, and it overheated quick! I have the overflow tank tho.

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
U2leight,
Just a thought, but maybe the "neck" isn't fixed. Or perhaps the cap itself was damaged. The cap has a spring loaded plate that seals the bottom of the neck and if there is any distortion it wont work properly.

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
My friend rode it in the dunes all weekend and it didn't leak a drop(I tore my knee last week and can't ride yet). I think it has to do with air flow on the track situation. I will try engine ice and see how that works.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom