Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Hey, Friday's the opening round of the friday night series. Anyone going to be there? Anyone seen the track this year? Has it changed? I'm hoping to go there and am wondering if there'll be any other DRNers there.

Jeremy

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I'll be there in my bright yellow Fox sweatshirt. I drive a green Toyota Tacoma (2 wheel drive) with a Fox head on the windshield and my goggles on the rear view mirror. If you see me come say hi. :)

From what the manager told me they were going to add a couple of burms, regroom the entire track and possibly widen it just a little. I haven't been in there to see it yet though. Opening night should be packed. I hope it doesn't start raining on us. The parking area turns into a mud pit. It's fun to drive through in a truck, but not fun to walk in. Yuck! :uh: :aj:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I might make it down there now that I got my truck back. Give me an excuse to throw on that new chain and get me back into racing. Is an AMA or CMC card required?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Joe come on down. The only thing they require is $$.

Dirty, I've got a black XR400 (#11) with inverted forks. I drive a blue Ranger. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I don't know if i'll be there now yesterday driving home my truck got stuck in gear thankfully I got it home after wrestling with it for a few mins so the shop has my truck I may or may not be there as long as I get my truck back I plan on going I'll know more later today.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Dang MXP1MP, if you lived near me I would have stopped by and picked you up... bike included if need be. Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm still going so I'll see you guys there. It probably won't be until around 7-730 that I'll show, but I'll be there.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`m definately going tonight. I`ll be the one with the blue Chevy 2wd and the hyper six year old. See ya there.

Steve

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I didn't get my truck back till about half an hour ago, about 5, That and I have to pick up some stuff to setup a coporate membership at skyriver now. Damn there's always next friday though, but I did get an interesting email 321moto is putting on what they call a moto poker event the 19th like a poker run just mx. limited to 36 people.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Well I just got in. There was some awesome racing tonight. The best, as usual, were the 250s. Fast son's of... It was a great night for racing. I also wandered over to watch the little dirt monsters race in the back corner. Dang, to be that young again. *sigh* :) Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you. I'm usually pretty tough to track down. I won't stay in one place for very long. If you saw a brunette in a yellow Fox sweatshirt and jeans... that was me. Maybe I'll see some of you at the next one... if I get to go. :aj:

Last edited:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Hey dirty-d I did see your truck,it was parked behind a red Dodge with silver stripes. I was parked on the other side of the road from you.
I spent most of my night between the two tracks watching the pee-wees. My buddies kid races in the 4-6 age group so I thought my son and I would go watch him race. At the end of the night for the pee-wees my buddies kid came away with 5th place overall.
Sorry I didn`t get to meet you but I`ll be there as much I can this summer.

Steve

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Congrats to the little one, but why didn't you come say hi? :( I know I don't appear THAT unapproachable... or do I? :eek: :ugg: :) Maybe next time.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
So how was the track layout? Same as last year? Harder, easier? I might get to make it out there this friday. I was just too sick to go last friday, although I was really tempted to, despite my 101+ fever. :( :debil:

Jeremy

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i was out there on saturday night(5/4) with the quad. it wasn't crowded at all, the track is pretty easy, had some bad ruts, braking bumps, acceleration holes, etc. i rode 2-stroke C, took 4th of 10(even with real bad suspension). both motos rode 4 laps... watched some nasty looking wrecks, but nobody was seriously injured. i'm sore, but i had fun.
there were a few guys riding vintage and mini's... sr 50 class is cool! that looks like fun!

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I remember watching the quads last year. Plenty of crashes! Especially in the whoops right in front of the stands. I'd imagine that since the don't run the quads and the bikes on friday anymore that the racing ends before 11 like last year. It's dissapointing to hear that they still only give you 4 laps. Especially for the price you have to pay. :|

Jeremy

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Hey dirty-d I would have said hi had I seen you. I had my hands full just keeping track of my 6 year old. He has a tendency to wander off when he gets bored.

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I couldn't tell ya how the track compared to last year, cause I can't remember what it looked like last year. It's still a rock pit though. The pro class had a decent turn out. I remember more last season, but then again it was the first night for this year. Lance (KTM) schooled the 250s, gee surprise! A co-worker of mine said one of his buddies took third in that same race. Not bad considering he hasn't raced in 15+ years. I won't be out there 5/10 (this Friday), but I'm sure I'll be there often enough that one of these nights I'll run into a few of you.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I was thinking about swinging by there tonight to chick out the track, as there's practice tonight. I assume there's no gate fee?

Jeremy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom