crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Okay, new subject matter...lol about the farm...

Looking for anyone interested in riding this weekend (April 24 or 25). I am willing to travel to meet up. Was looking at OKC, Tulsa or anywhere that isn't rocky. My buddy has to work and I hate to ride alone. Give me a shout if you have time. Thanks

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
After the 2 day races last weekend, and a long trip coming up in two weekends, I need to do some stuff around the casa....
If you'll be in Stillwater, let me know, I'll try to shake loose for a couple of hours.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
craig_enid said:
After the 2 day races last weekend, and a long trip coming up in two weekends, .

Ditto. The scabs on my butt may be healed in another week or two. :ohmy: It was a ball, racing with a buddy and my son made for a great weekend but I'm on the road looking for the perfect pig tommorow and gotta get some things done here Saturday. Where's the race report craig?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm on the road looking for the perfect pig
FFA project or Memorial Day weekend meal? :clue:
I might have enough things done by Sunday to ride. Where have you got in mind?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Mom and I are going to Cycleland, south of Kilgore, weekend after this.
If I'm not mistaken, that's the weekend before finals?
Didn't figure you'd want to go with us....

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Don't you love the way we drifted from the original subject.

I'm going to Cycleland as well. When QL2 heard me talking to his mom about whether I was going to race or not he quickly blurted out YES WE ARE. He seems to be hooked. He really likes the points deal. He continuely looks at the points, like they're going to change without a race.

For what I'm paying for these pigs I ain't eaten 'em. Show pigs for the boys. 5 bought thus far and going to a sale tomorrow and more supposedly on their way from Indiana.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Where is Cycleland?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Cycleland is in east Texas. You're welcome to travel with Quint and I. We are roughing it in the trailer on Saturday night. My going is contigent on bike being repaired as well as some other scheduling issues being resolved.

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Crap, sorry I didn't get back to you folks. The weather here messed up our internet for the last 5 days. When it rains hard our internet doesn't seem to want to work. Anyways, I got to ride Saturday with the folks of OCCRA. It was a blast till me and a tree had a disagreement. I figured something out, trees don't like to move no matter what you say to them as you are flying at them. So my day was ended short due to my lack of insite on tree movements. But I did find out what superman must of felt like while he was first learning to fly.
So I will be looking at riding the end of May at the farm. I hope to meet you all there in good shape and with a new language to teach people. If all goes well and I learn to talk to trees you can be looking for my new book to hit Opra's must read list. Well have fun riding and ride safe...........Lee

Last edited:

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
justql said:
Don't you love the way we drifted from the original subject.

the only way you're ever gonna fix that is by requiring mandatory ritalin dosages for all those posting... :clue:

CRF250- just wait til the trees start jumping out in front of you... it's flora suicide bombing

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
VioletSP, god I hope not.....I can't ride worth a crap now, sure don't need trees jumping at me. Also Violet, are you going to be at the farm end of May? I am looking for any female riders I can get my wife in contact with. I got to get her off 4 wheels and on a bike. She thinks I am too pushy when I try to teach her. lol I try not to be, but she won't ever get out of third gear.....SO HELP PLEASE.....
Thanks.......Lee

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
crf250x_man said:
She thinks I am too pushy when I try to teach her. lol I try not to be, but she won't ever get out of third gear

VIOLETSP HERE

yes both mary_enid (my mom) and i will be at the farm for memorial day. its one of our favorite spodefests. Unfortunately mary_enid is grounded because of shoulder surgery but i would love to have another chica to ride with. ESPECIALLY one who never rides out of third gear. it took me two years to get out of second. and i still dont ride in fourth

both my mom and i have problems with my dad trying to get us to expand our horizons when it comes to our dirtbiking experiences but we've come to embrace and enjoy our mediocrity. Mrs. crf250 is most definitely welcome to join us in our "leisurely" jaunts around the farm. its still fun just without all the pressure of the whole "going fast" or "making good time" thing.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
MARY_ENID HERE (violet's mom)
I would just like to interject here that 3rd gear is a wonderful thing....a riding level that takes some of us a verrrry long time to achieve.....to leave behind your long time friend and protector, 2nd gear, and be thrust into the 3rd gear world of death defying speeds.....so 4th gear is absolutely out of the question for the fem-riders at our camp! And, Mrs. crf250, you are most welcome to keep us company 'round the campfire' where the "men" riders drop in and out to rest, tell riding stories (some of which you may find entertaining as you will be lucky enough to be hearing them only for the FIRST time). Anyway, please come and you will surely feel welcome and enjoy yourself in any manner you choose.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like VioletSP and Mary_"Stillwater" want someone they can roost!;) No better place to have fun and learn. Lot's of varying talent(and lack there of).

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
LOL, man sounds like I might have made a mistake in asking for help in that area.....lol Well guess I will have to wait and see.

Okay as for names, My wifes name is Crys and I am Lee...She said she would love to hang out with you ladies, just not sure on the riding bit yet. I will have to borrow my old 230 for her to ride. But she still wants to ride just her 4-wheeler...lol Also, how do we become members of the Heartland Spodes? I was directed to this area of the forums due to our location on the map...But I am not sure who to talk to or what is envolved in becoming a member? Some clubs are by invite only, just not sure how to go about joining?
Now as for the weekend, do most camp out all weekend on the farm or stay in Hotels? lol okay I have asked too much already....think I will call it a night.

Have a good weekend to all.........Lee

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Most will camp out. Membership is friendship. No fees or interviews. Go into your profile and "request" membership. Local Chapters is a means of getting like minded people together for riding. Lots of fun with no pressure.

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
BSWIFT said:
Sounds like VioletSP and Mary_"Stillwater" want someone they can roost!;)

:laugh: nah we leave roosting for the boys too. a mud makeover is actually an improvement on most of their looks :debil:

Crys- you might not like riding yet because you havent found the right bike yet. both my mom and i didnt like it much until dad caved and bought us bikes that fit us and our riding ability. I'll try and convince dad_enid to bring Mario (honda trials bike) even though mom wont be riding. And of course Rudy (ttrl 125L) will be there so you're welcome to ride either of them.

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Yea Haw......just asked for membership into this club...Thanks BSWIFT for the info and invite. How many members are there just out of curiosity? And are there any close the TenKiller lake area?
Violet, thank you for the invite to ride....Crys said she may just take you up on that if I can't borrow my old bike for the weekend. But I think I can get it, the CRF230 fit her pretty well I thought? Then again I am a guy, what would I know...lol She is 5'7" so I thought the 230 fit her. But then again she has never road anything else to know. She sure can't ride mine I know, way to tall for her....lol at least that's what I tell her. Well got to get back to work, have a good day all..........Lee

crf250x_man is a member of the following groups:
Heartland Spodes:
Oklahoma Riders
>>>Congrats<<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom