Aug 18 Wedron IL Hare Scramble Info Needed

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
I'm new to Hare Scrambles and would like to ride the above mentioned event this coming weekend. I heard about it by word of mouth and need more details like the exact location, event times, race formats classes etc...Does anyone have information about this race? Even a website would be great.

Thanks for any input.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
CRPilot - I am leaning towards heading up that way and racing too. I have been there before if you have any questions. PM me and I'll give you a cell number so we can hook up.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I will update park conditions on this thread saturday nite so you can look here or the website to see whats up. Its in pretty good shape with that rain we got rid of alot of dust!

wardy

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Wardy,

You did an excellent job laying out the couse for the last race. It was a BLAST! I hope this course will be similarly as technical.

Just a suggestion, but one thing I've seen at a GNCC is putting colored tape on the back of each helment to distingush the different classes (white, red , green....). Its cheap and easy to do. The advantage to the riders is when you come up on someone you can tell immediately if they are in your class of not. Just a thought. I look forward to the race.

regards,
Don Bushby
(WoodChuck)
99GG EC300
94 KDX200

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Thanks Don,
We have a new scoring and sign up office there now, two computers and got the kinks worked out of of scoring i do believe. I was going to make the course more open and faster in consideration of the heat, but heck it's going to be 75 and sunny!!! SO Technical and somewhat slow it is. I will have a few more items such as starting lines and rider meetings set up better this week. We are doing away with the "barrel" scoring thinking and going to tell you guys to go to the Open barrel! should speed that up there.
Right now the park is pretty good shape, no dust and no mud. IF it rains tonight it will be PErfect for sundays' event. I drug out a tree so people will get to see riders "going over a log" type deal, its not real big and will have the 80's doing it also, but just thought it would be cool to watch.

seeya sunday!

wardy

ps will update if needed but looks like things will be fine, for those of you down south.......that got 6 inches of rain, it was sunny and nice here all day.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Whats nice about this place is it has alot of sand in the soil and drys real fast. It rained last nite most of the nite. By noon it was not sticking to the tires!

SATURDAY...A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGH IN THE
LOWER 80S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH BECOMING NORTHWEST IN THE
AFTERNOON.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLEARING AND COOLER. LOW IN THE UPPER 50S.
NORTHWEST TO WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
.SUNDAY...SUNNY AND PLEASANT. HIGH IN THE UPPER 70S.

LOL i will take a 40% percent on this anyday!

wardy

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
TTRguy, I am trying to make it also. What kinda vehicle are ya in? If I can get there,Ill be in a red Ford with a kx 250.

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
TTR Guy, Looks like were set to go. Barring any travel problems we should be rolling in aroung 9:30.

See you there.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Fox Valley isnt that big but they get an awesome loop out of it everytime. The soil looks dark and you think it would rut bad but it dont, even the tops of the hills hold up pretty well. The trails are smooth and slick in spots a brand new S12 is the ticket. Good for spectators too. Every one should read his website completely, because his start times and things are a little different from alot of the other dist 17 races. Excellent race.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Update at 2 pm no rain at all conditions good.
will have last up date tonight when i get done laying out.
thanks

wardy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hope you guys check this tonight - We'll be in a silver toyota tundra. DIRTRIDER.NET sticker in the rear upper right window. I may wear a jersey tomorrow that has DIRTRIDER.NET on the back tomorrow if I remember to pack it. If I don't meet you all before the race just holler at all the slow guys you pass - i'll be one of them!

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
every thing is pretty dry in fact if i get a little time i will water a few areas.
layout is different with a surprise that will be pretty cool.

see in a few hours

wardy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well Aimee and I are sitting back in St. Louis. Got up at 5:00 am, loaded everything up and headed out on a beautiful Sunday morning. About an hour outside of St. Louis we hit a huge storm that looked like it might envelope the entire state of Ill. Drove into it for about 40 minutes, it was killing our travel time. Had planned to drive 70 and arrive at 10:00 am. We could have continued but we weren't going to get there until around 11:00 or later and the storm was getting worse. Decided that driving 5-6 hours to arrive and find it rained out and then have to turn around and repeat the drive probably wasn't smart :( Two weeks in a row of getting rained out! Hope you guys stay dry up there and get to race.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Sorry to hear you guys ran into a storm---it was absolutely beautiful up here all day! The course was pretty dry and Wardy watered it before the big bikes raced. Oh well, we will see you guys next time. :whiner: There is another race on Sep 22 that is a pretty cool course, if you are interested. If so, send me or Bob an email and we will give you more details. Tell Aimee hello and talk to you soon.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Anne, Bob, Don, it was a pleasure to meet you all and your friend also. Thanks for lunch, that was a good burger. Anne, hope your knee recovery and strengthining moves in the right directon. How did everybody do result wise?

Congrates to VOR on the 1st in vet B

Wardy, great event , the layout was fun and challenging. Also hats off to you and your crew for a well run day.

Agitt73, there are always sandbagers in the C or trailrider classes, they may only race 3 or 4 times a year so they dont score enough points in a season to be advanced eventhough they may be a mid-pack B rider.

TTRguy and GSR, to bad ya didnt have a crystal ball with ya. Beutiful weather. see ya at DW?

FlyinRyan, you fast guys rock

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
glad you guys had a good time today. seemed to go over pretty well, the creek crossing had me a little worried but didn't hold up bad.

We had an enormous amount of new riders today, lots of AMA and d-17 memberships sold. I bet ya they were in the trailrider class and not suppose to be? Who knows, Ha I have enough with 2000 mx riders to keep advanced, the HS riders in class placement is on Jay! :)
But i did notice that also when the guys picked up the awards, I recognized the rider and the class and thought hmmm that boy didn't belong there! In MX i can handle it right then, HS, I have to rely on the system.

All and all ambulance sat still and everyone liked the course so thats a good day!

thanks for coming out

wardy

Eddie you lived in the midwest before! It can rain across the street and nothing at all down the block! You missed a good day! I asked Walt if he seen ya, then we figured ya just ended up in Iowa? :)

sorry ya missed us.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
OTHER THEN THE 8TH PLACE I GOT I HAD A GREAT TIME
I THOUGHT IT WAS A VERY FUN COURSE I WAS 2 IN THE HOLE SHOT
1 AT THE NASTY UPHILL UNTIL I GOT GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE STUCK
BIKES LAYING ON THE HILL SIDES THE #1 THING I HAD A BLAST

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom