delbs

Oct 26, 2007
Hey guys, im looking at coming over to america from australia soon enough and just at the moment still saving, Where do you think are the most populated areas of Motorcross riders or events are over there? i've been told california but dont know exactly, im 21 and ride a YZ 250,
its great where i live with my mates etc but i really want to step up a level and go where motocross is a mainstream event unlike where i am now. i want to find a job over there and actually get citizenship so i can stay for a while, What do you guys think?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
California, Texas or Florida would all be hot spots. California has the largest number of places and riders.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
There are MX tracks all over the USA. How serious do you want to be?

Dirt bike riding is a seasonal sport in many of the northern states due to snow. If you want to ride year around plan on living in one of the southern states.

If you just want to ride and are not that concerned about MX track competitions then I would recommend southern California. You can live and work in the area around Los Angeles and ride in hundred's of thousands of acres of desert a few hours away.

If you are hoping to own property that you could ride on then stay away from California as you would never be able to afford such a place.

If you are like the rest of us, you will need to support yourself in some manner other than riding your dirt bike. This will often define where you live. California is a great place to live but it is expensive.

I suspect that your first challenge will be to just get here. Once you are here you can move about and find a place that suits you.

Rod

delbs

Oct 26, 2007
Yep i know that the first big challenge is to get there but i dont mind what i do exactly as i currently work in IT in australia and i coudl either do that over there ( if available) or i would just get into a completely different industry, id be looking at bedding with a family or someone that i know over there at first just so i could get used to it for a while, if such a thing exists lol but if a family or a group of guys that lvie together that ride would be dam awsome,

If u dont mind me asking What do you do as a job?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You also would have to make sure that you would be allowed to work while here. Depending on your VISA that may be a restriction. I know my niece while living in Australia from Nov to March is not allowed to work other then bicycle racing and a couple seasons ago she was caught working about 20 hours a week for cash and was immediately threatened with being sent out or quit immediately.

As stated if you have the skill to try going pro then you would need to stay in the southern parts of the country with the 3 states Patman listed being the preferred choices.

Top Bottom