Avast, Pirate Talk Tuesday be a International Event

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Arrr ye Scury Dogs, we made the big time :rotfl:

Talk Like A Pirate Day

Ahoy, matey! Did you know that September 19 th is International “Talk Like A Pirate Day”? For those of you who haven’t thought about pirates since your last trip to Disneyland, these five ‘A’s’ of pirate talk will enable you to converse in ‘pirate’.

Ahoy! - "Hello!"
Avast! - Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" which today makes it more of a "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"
Aye! - "Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did."
Aye aye! - "I'll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over."
Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree," "I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer," "My team is going to win it all," "I saw that television show, it was boring!" and "That was a clever remark you or I just made." And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr! (1)

Hear ye, hear ye, all ye “sprogs” (raw, untrained recruits). On September 19 th, practice use’n piratey expressions while talking with yer mateys (fellow pirates). Once ye've become a messdeck lawyer (a know it all) filled with the knowledge of pirate language, ye'll be a true pirate and proud of yer use of pirate’s language. For help, go to: The Pirate's Vocabulary

Reminder, it may be fun to hail yer fellow deckhands and the Captain (your co-workers and boss) as "scurvy dogs," "bilge rats", and “scallawags", while “splicing the mainbrace” (having a drink) of “grog” (alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water) with yer buckos (your friends) while at sea. To do so though, could cause you to be “keelhauled”, “marooned” or “black spotted” by even yer best of “mateys”. The pirates of old weren’t burdened with the requirement of treating others with dignity and respect. Remember then, to titivate (clean up or make ship shape) yer language while ye remain a landlocked lubber (at work).

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Top 10 Pirate pickup lines ye might try ter avoid at work; :laugh:

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html#basic

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Avast, mateys! The speak is an international treasure, arrrrrr. Thanks Smiffy! :)

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
By the two guys that came up with it in 1995
Care not about ye scurvy dogs did in 1995, we be talkin bout r own Pirite Talk Tuesday! Which happens to coincide with the International Holiday ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Arrr, Pirate Tuesday were invented just over a year ago, me hearties! Evidence of it happens to be published on Planet Hillbilly! Thankfully, the Cutie with the Booty, GETMETOCA, has fully adopted it and made it DRN's own!

http://www.dirtrider.net/blogs/Predator/192/

We'll be keelhaulin' those landlubbers who claim to have invented it ten years prior! ARRR!!! Besides, they only participate once a year, whereby we make a point of it WEEKLY!!! ARRRR!!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
The Tulsa radio station KMOD's morning show is all Pirate Tuesday.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Avast! If ye be readin' the pages o those two land lubbers, one might be discoverin that they hath furthered the cause of TLAP! :)

In their scribe there be details of recognition of ITLAP day by Long John Silvers, who offer TLAP day specials on ye past three ITLAP days.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Timr said:
Avast! If ye be readin' the pages o those two land lubbers, one might be discoverin that they hath furthered the cause of TLAP! :)

In their scribe there be details of recognition of ITLAP day by Long John Silvers, who offer TLAP day specials on ye past three ITLAP days.

Fish and Chips! Fish and Chips!! :yeehaw:

Top Bottom