Feb 1, 2005
I just had to rant to someone who could appreciate this. My 5 year old son and I went to Marshall Creek @ Lake Grapevine on Saturday. We had a blast. Unlike Muenster , he was able to ride trails with me the entire time. On several different occasions the little guy ignored my warnings of stop right there and let me help you, instead he put his head down and tractored on up,through and around. There were so many friendly families out there and the riding seemed to be geared toward the little ones as much as the adults. While sitting on the bed of the truck eating our lunch my son said "daddy this was the best day I ever had" :yeehaw: I could not have imagined a better day of riding. I'm sure most of you on here are probably already aware of Marshall Creek but if not, I highly recommend it if you have little ones trotting around that want to "ride trails like the big boys". Sorry guys I didnt mean to get all mushy but, what an impact that Saturday ride had on my son and I. Thanks for listening!!!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Glad you had fun. I've had many fun hours at Marshall Creek, too, though it has been a while since I went. I hear they closed the sandy beach sections, which is a shame. That was always my favorite part of the ride.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
There is lots of good stuff out there to play on - just watch out for other riders, because in many cases they aren't watching out for you!

Glad you had a memorable day!

$uperman

Feb 11, 2005
:cool: Good to hear that. I have a 7yr old. I'm gonna have to take him out there. I've never heard a good report about the place. Think i'll give it a shot now.

Feb 1, 2005
I have been reading around and I was surprised to see how many negative comments there were about Marshall Creek. I guess we just caught it on the right day. I will definately be a little more cautious next time take my little one back out there. Is there any other places fairly close by that you guys could recommend that my son and I could ride around in some areas together?

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Don't forget Rocky Ridge. There's TONS of kid friendly trails out there. My 6 yr old only got his xr50 stuck a couple of times on the rocks. We rode different trails for about 4 straight hours last weekend.

$uperman

Feb 11, 2005
:cool: I've been thinking of trying that place out as well. Let me know how it goes. By the way I seen that you were looking for a trailer. Still interested? E-mail me at allstuffauction@sbcglobal.net I'm in Grand Prairie

Matter of fact I also have a son 7 yrs old . He has a little pw50, mabey we could meet up at Rocky Ridge this weekend , when you go and let the kids run around.

Last edited:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Glad to finally hear some good feedback on this place.

Back in the day, I used to take my truck out there and cruise the beach... sometimes drive in the lake :cool:

I never had a less than fun time there, but I'm anxious to see what is different now and how its different on 2 wheels.

I live about 20 minutes away so I'm sure I will be there frequently as soon as I get a bike.

Top Bottom