Showtime426f

Oct 2, 2001
i just bought a 01 yz426 and want to put an exhaust system on it , i was thinking of going with the dsp that all the factory yamaha riders go with. what do all of you guys think??
pro circuit t-4? or maybe white bros r4?

too many to choose from!:p

JB

Mar 23, 2000
check back issuse of the bike rags, somebody did a shootout on all of the pipes. i've had a 426 since 2000, and stayed with the stocker because the shootout didn't find any real gains from aftermarket setups, at least not for the money . picking up the 02 today, and not planning on changing the pipe.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
None of the pipes really work. They just move around existing power. You can save a few shackles and experiment with different header sections. These make the biggest difference. Aftermarket collectors are good at producing offensive amounts of noise though..:scream: If you are stuck on buying a pipe give the Dubach pipe a try it delivers the most usable supply of power and isn't obnoxiously loud. I await the arrival of my Arrow titanium so I can't speak of it's performance yet.

Mr Bandicoot

Aug 31, 2001
mxn4fun,

I could not agree with you more about the Dubach pipe. I have one on my 250f and it really woke the puppy up. The other plus is that the Dubach's are truely aewsome people and great to do business with. Another mod that might be tried for an extra performance gain is the BK mod. Go to www.thumpertalk.com to get some great input.:cool:

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
BK- Bryan Kinney Tim Ferry's mechanic limits the duration for the accelerator pump on the FCR carb. The mod is talked about on Thumpertalk. While does illiminate the hesitation it yields no horsepower gain.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
There is a guy that shows up at tracks in SoCal and lets you test his own exhaust sytems on your bike. He bolts them on and lets you spin laps with them and then takes them off for you. Really a cool deal. Anyways, I tried his system and was stoked with it. He charges $350 for high clearance header pipe and muffler and he has a spark arrestor available. On my YZ400 if improved power everywhere. My front tire was lifting absurdly easily and I was getting a lot more power to the ground. My bike is running a little lean on the pilot circuit right now and it seemed to richen it up a little there but other then that I didn't notice any really carb related problems caused by the change of exhaust. The guy is just trying to get his name and product out to the public and according to him he has some shops in SoCal stocking his systems. He's tried to get the mags. to test them but he's not a big $ maker yet so they keep ignoring him even though to me his product looked awesome. It's a very good looking exhaust system!!! Call the guy and ask him about it. He'd probably do a money back thing or something cause the guy is just starting out and trying his hardest to get his exhaust on as many bikes as possible. Each on is hand made.

Khris,

Here's his info from his card:
Bob Murray

Thunder Alley, Performance Exhaust Systems
1010 E. Lacey Blvd.
Hanford, CA. 9320

559-584-8109

Try calling the guy and ask him about it, I was very impressed myself and will buy one once I get the cash.:)

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom