SoCal

Oct 4, 2003
Biggest problems on my first day riding dirt:

With the bike fixed and idling properly, I went out to Planet X yesterday(Friday). Problems encountered:

1. The vet track was closed(redoing it with bulldosers and stuff). I had to take my first ride on a dirt bike in like 30 years on the full blown motocross track! :yikes: It was a little challenging for my first outing I think. At least, being a Friday, there weren't many riders at all.

2. Apparently, I am really, really out of shape! After I did 1 lap I was really tired and pulled off!! :ugg: It was the middle of the afternoon heat when I was out though, so I rested for a while and when I went back out I did much better. However I need major work on my endurance!

3. How do you kick the stupid bike over without thrashing the sh*t out of your boots?! :think: Those pegs do a number on 'em. They ought to put titanium shields there or somethin'. :laugh:

I dumped it a few times and had a little difficulty starting the bike with the hot start, but other than that, it was fun. The place is starting to look like somethin' with the work they're doin' on the vet track. Talked to Bob(in charge?) and he said it should be done around this Friday. Hopefully it will and I can get out there on a track that better matches my inexperience. :aj:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom