High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
<DIV>A friend had 4 bikes stolen on Sunday from his house near Lexington, SC.&nbsp; If anyone sees any of these, please call me at 803-530-5993.

03 CRF450 yellow backgrounds/white numbers #215
03 YZF250 black backgrounds/white numbers #287
02 KTM65 black backgrounds/white numbers #524
01 TTR125L #111(on front only), brand new&nbsp;gold upper triple clamp, renthal bars</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Got the VINs...

03 CRF450 JH2PE05393M110374
03 YZ250F JYACG14C73A005290
02 KTM65 VBKMRA2332M034514
01 TTR125L JYACE07YX1A007054

Occifer Elkarello...where do I need to list these thingies?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
All 4 bikes recovered. Suspect number one gets caught (by owner) with one of the bikes. Says he bought it at the flea market Sunday afternoon (they were stolen Sunday night). He then returns with his friends who supposedly bought the other ones at the flea market Monday (the flea market isn't open Monday).

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
When is the public stoning?

You know, those Puritans may have been on to something...

aldrivsrevenge.jpg

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Over here, sometime earlier in the week, a bike shop got broken into & a bike stolen. I have no idea what. Anyways, to the point. The cops had gone out looking for this bike (small town, guess not much else was happening) and I think they'd even set up road blocks. Along the way, they spotted this kid on the side of the road with a dirtbike just like the one nicked waving down passing cars. Turns out he got lost after hitting the road after riding trails & didn't know which way to town. Guess it had a happy ending for the shop, but not the kid. BTW, it was something like 1-2am.
I just thought that was hilarious.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You're not going to believe this...

The owner, Mike, catches a "kid" (18 or so) next door riding the TTR125 in the field of the church.&nbsp; The church is on 5 or 6 acres and so is Mike's house.&nbsp; I guess he put the fear of God in the boy because about 11:30 that night he shows back up with his friends who have the other 3 bikes.

Many inconsistencies...
  • The first kid says he bought it at the flea market on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.&nbsp; They weren't stolen until Sunday night.&nbsp; Besides, wouldn't a fairly new bike (with lots of nifty stuff like brand new Renthal bars, brand new gold upper triple clamps, etc) sel a little quicker than 4:00?
  • The other guys claim they bought them from the same guy at the flea market on Monday.&nbsp; The flea market isn't open on Mondays.
  • Mike said there's more, but we gto sidetracked with different info...

THEN...someone broke into his garage (separate from the house) later that night and stole 3 of the 4 again!&nbsp; They got the CRF, YZF, and KTM65.&nbsp; They also stole every helmet (including his drag racing helmet) out of the garage.&nbsp; They have some evidence that it was one of the guys who brought the bikes back earlier that night.

So...CRF, YZF, and KTM still missing (again).

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
:| That is truly unbelievable, he shoulda buried em in the backyard the first time he got to meet them! :p

Hope he gets the bikes back .......again :ugg:

Why no "authority involvement"?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
They are involved. AFAIK, the only thing they definitely have them on is possession of stolen property. They are going to / have been picked up for that.

They are all local "kids" (18-20) that belong to the church next door. I think they all went to a private school nearby, too.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
That's too bad, probably not that bad of "kids", until one stupid thing sends em up the river for a while to learn to be a real criminal :|

You could probably assume that they will get charged with the thefts once they are done with their investigation.

I say charge em twice, for obvious reasons :thumb:

Still hope your buddy gets his equipment back.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think he needs to lock them all together with multiple locks next time... Reinforce his garage? I know the criminal always can get in if he wants, but there must be a better way. Any luck getting them back a second time?

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
I not only lock the bikes in the garage - but they are then chained together so that they can't be wheeled out the door. At least a local kid would have some trouble...

Top Bottom