whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If the bike is loading up, and clears out past half throttle, right crank seal or the carb is flooding the hell out of the engine. A leak down test would resolve the seal question, replacing the float valve the other. BUT, a top end not sealing up properly can do the same thing. A leak down test can show the top end not sealing properly also. A compression test is only a good reference if you test it when its broke in, and keep checking it to see a noticeable drop, top end worn out. It can be real deceiving if not used properly. You should be able to smell the difference between the engine burning klotz and whatever trans fluid you are using?

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If the bike is loading up, and clears out past half throttle, right crank seal or the carb is flooding the hell out of the engine. A leak down test would resolve the seal question, replacing the float valve the other. BUT, a top end not sealing up properly can do the same thing. A leak down test can show the top end not sealing properly also. A compression test is only a good reference if you test it when its broke in, and keep checking it to see a noticeable drop, top end worn out. It can be real deceiving if not used properly. You should be able to smell the difference between the engine burning klotz and whatever trans fluid you are using?

bump

Last edited:

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled was correct. i pulled the Cylinder off and took it to a good machine shop. the Cylinder was off 6 thousands and piston (with maybe 4 hours on it ) was out 4 thousands. machine shop said he would call la sleeve to see if he was able to rebore the sleeve that is already bored 2mm over (.080) my ? is if i buy a new sleeve for this jug what will be the bore size? will it be standard ?thx

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You could send it the way it is, with the piston to Forward Motion. He will fix it correctly. He could probably even coat that liner! Your in Pa? Give Pete Payne a call! LA sleeve, nooooooo.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Call Pete and see. I have not had a liner since 81, then it was new, questionable, and I did not personally know Eric and Rich. I could have been enlightened much sooner!

Top Bottom