Mar 10, 2007
Hello all i recently bought my first pair of riding boots. Thor quadrants. They did not come yet but i was wondering about waterproofing or sealing them. I did see the name brand stuff alpine stars, sidi, etc but was wondering if there was something i could buy from just a regular store. Thanks

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sno-Seal will work. Personally I like Huberd's or Peckard's, but any ol' boot grease should do. As far as the plastic, just keep it clean. Good ol' simple green.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I've got brand new Thor Quadrants and they're about as water resistant as canvas tennis shoes!
I doubt any kind of liquid or paste is going to help. The boots just don't seem to be designed to impede the flow of water. I'm thinking about using garbage bags over my socks! You would definitely need some sort of cover over the boots.
I'd hate to dunk 'em in paraffin wax, but I can't think of a better means.

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
What ever you use keep it off the portion of the boots you use to grip the bike with with.

D

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
A silicon spray on the thread holding the sole's will help protect those, and an oil (I use Neatsoil) will help protect the leather and repel water. Most times, water comes in from above the boot. During wet enduro's many riders use duct tape across the top of the boots to help reduce the amount of water that gets in. I started wearing free style pants(over the boots) years ago, as they tend to deflect the majority of water from getting in the boot.

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
I gave up trying oil my boots for anything but preservation, feet always got wet.

For wet cold winter riding I wear a thin neoprene socks to stay warm and dry. Seirus Neosock, $15 pr.

If it's warm and wet, the bag over sock trick works good.

Top Bottom