tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
today was just a playride kind of day. took the kids with us to a place we had heard of but had never been. $10 bucks each got us 2000acres to ride on. it is on the twin cove ranch just outside of bridgeport, tx. lots of elevation changes for texas anyway. river bottom to the top of some pretty gnarly hills. lots of arrowed trails. they told us if you did the whole thing it would be twenty miles. this place is maybe 45miles from dallas and there were maybe 30 bikes on the whole place. needless to say it was great. huge grass field (100 acres plus) for kiddos to ride around. i couldnt believe that there were so few people. oh yeah if you live in the dallas metro and have a trials bike, this is a great place to ride. the trails were varied. down by the river they were sandy (not deep) and as you came out of the bottom there was some black dirt and as you got to the hills they were rocky and technical. the rocks werent huge but you had to pick a line. all in all a great day and a new place to go. anybody else been there?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Sounds like we need to get a new club started. Maybe get the Jimmy Jack replaced by the Twin Cove?
It's really 2000 acres? Any contact names or numbers you can post?
Thanks!

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
yea I've been there, its actually pretty cool. That field down there with the outhouses there were a bunch of cows. Talk about funny. Came araound a corner and was face to face with 2000lbs of ground beef. We had a blast! I'd like to get out there again sometime. We went during the week and saw 1 other bike.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Are you talking about Twin Hills???

Taken from goplayinthedirt.com

Twin Hills Cycle Ranch (Bridgeport, Texas) CLOSED DURING DEER HUNTING SEASON (Call before you haul) Terrain varies from smooth, flat pastureland to rocky, somewhat technical trail. Approximately 20-mile XC loop exists. Excellent 60-acre camping area - primitive but clean porta potties on site. Pay the $8.00 entry fee (per rider only) at the Twin Hills Convenience Store (looks like a big barn). Phones: (940)683-4959

DIRECTIONS: From the Denton/McKinney area:Take 380 WEST through Bridgeport. 4 miles west of Bridegeport, turn NORTH on to 1820. On 1820, go about 1 mile and look for the Twin Hills Convenience Store at the top of the hill. From Dallas: Take 635 WEST past D/FW airport to 121 South. Take the HWY 114 Bridgeport exit. Stay on HWY 114 WEST and turn left on 380. Turn RIGHT onto CR1658 and drive five miles. Twin Hills Convenience Store will be on your right just past the lake and dam.From Ft Worth:Take I-35 NORTH to HWY 287 towards Decatur. Exit HWY 114 and follow directions from Dallas above. For a map and directions

-jeffd

mg_racing

May 16, 2001
Yep. That is Twin Hills Cycle Ranch. Been there myself and it is a good place to take the whole famil because it does have wide open areas for the kids to play around!

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I Love riding there and go every chance I get. Be careful though, sometimes they switch directions with the arrows, and what you thought was the right way is wrong.
DA

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
yall are right about twin hills (not twin coves)

but the fee is $10 bucks per bike now instead of eight.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
TX246, you need to get something organized and post it for the Heartland Spodes to see. Several of us are going to Amarillo in March. Should be a pretty cool trip.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
amarillo

i was going to try and go but my wife beat me to the calander. i get to be soccer dad on that sat.:(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom