Bubba rumors from anaheim 2? (spoiler?)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
XRpredator said:
#1 being the JBone factor, #2 being the "I wanna be like RC" factor

I thought James was the one that replaced J-Bone in the first place....? :think:

Also, why is it that you guys feel these guys any kind of allegance to these sports drinks? The riders couldn't care less what drink they hold on the podium. They just want the one that will give them the most $$$.

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
JBone (Jeremy Albrecht (sp?))was James' mechanic until last year. Gibbs racing hired him away to be the race team manager.

And you are correct -- they DO NOT care which so called energy drink sponsors them. The guys who train correctly wouldn't drink them anyway. They DO care how much they get paid by them though. And so would I, if I were in their shoes...............

Link to Joe Gibbs Racing

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This is getting stranger every day and the thoughts about him on Honda may be way off think Yellow :whoa:
If Motocross Action can be trusted
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...0&tier=3&nid=9E980F0F84574EB1B9FFE63408AE582D

By Monday morning after the A2 the rumor mill was in full effect: James Stewart wasn't hurt at all. His injury induced withdrawal from the race and the Supercross series was all just a ruse to get back at Kawasaki and Monster. Why would James want to get back at two of his primary sponsors? Why else - money. Everyone has heard about the tensions that were raised last year when Monster stepped in as the title sponsor to the team last year forcing James to scuttle his lucrative Red Bull deal. Even last week we posed a question as to why James broke with current protocol on the Phoenix podium by showing up with a clear water bottle instead of a can of Monster. Indicative of the rumor mill that is the Internet, no sooner had we heard about the supposed fake injury than we heard that James had also signed a letter of intent with Suzuki.
For anyone who was in the Kawasaki semi when James broke the news, you’d know that the young rider was sincerely in pain over the decision. James Stewart is one of the fiercest competitors the sport has known and the reality that he could easily make back in win bonus money what the supposed squabble with sponsors was about belied his true intentions. Was James really hurt? We didn’t doubt him one bit and to get the inside story we chased down the one guy whose word we wouldn’t doubt…..Aldon Baker.
For the last few years Aldon Baker has been the personal trainer for two of the most successful throttle twisters in the land: Ricky Carmichael and MotoGP world champ Nicky Hayden. Although he still works with Hayden (and brothers Tommy & Roger Lee) Aldon was hired by James Stewart over the winter now that RC has moved on to car racing. With James’s recent injury, Aldon has gone from helping Stewart with his conditioning and instead transitioned into a therapy mode. We chased Aldon down as he was in Las Vegas testing with Suzuki roadracer Tommy Hayden before he would return to Los Angeles to be with James.

MXA: Aldon, we’ve been hearing a lot of rumors about James and the extent of his injury. Some people have even suggested that James is feigning the injury because he’s mad about losing his personal Red Bull contract to the team Monster deal.
Aldon: Yeah, I was really surprised when you mentioned those rumors because we hadn’t heard about them at all. And I can definitely say that there’s absolutely no truth to any of them. James is more interested in beating Reed and winning the championship than worrying about some sponsor issues. The bottom line is that he simply couldn’t ride at 100% because of the pain. I don’t think James would undergo surgery over a sponsorship deal.

MXA: So what is going on with James and his knee?
Aldon: Two days after Anaheim 2 James had an MRI which was to be followed by surgery a day later. I don’t think he’d be going under the knife over any sponsorship deal. For the month leading up to the series opener James had been off the bike. By the time he won at Phoenix he was only riding at 60-70% and for James that’s just not acceptable. He wasn't even riding during the week.We basically had to choose between carrying on with Supercross and taking that chance of further injury, or pulling him off the bike now so we could stand the best chance to be ready for the outdoor season.

MXA: What is the extent of the injury?
Aldon: He’s having an ACL rehab with his left knee, which is the same one he injured at Washougal. They’ll be taking some cartilage out from behind his hamstring to rebuild the ACL. He also has some scar tissue in there, but he’s lucky that everything else in his knee is in good shape.

MXA: We know it’s early, but what can you tell us about the prognosis?
Aldon: We’re still unsure, but for most surgeries like this it usually involves a recovery period of four to five months. We plan to be aggressive with therapy and do our best to be ready at Glen Helen. I know how determined James is so if everything works out, we should be good to go.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oldguy said:
. . . MXA: What is the extent of the injury?
Aldon: He’s having an ACL rehab with his left knee, which is the same one he injured at Washougal. They’ll be taking some cartilage out from behind his hamstring to rebuild the ACL. He also has some scar tissue in there, but he’s lucky that everything else in his knee is in good shape.
I'm going to have a chat with my local expert on anatomy and orthopedics, but I'm pretty sure you can't make ligament out of cartilage.

Still seems fishy.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
I'm going to have a chat with my local expert on anatomy and orthopedics, but I'm pretty sure you can't make ligament out of cartilage.

Still seems fishy.
Umm yes they can that is how they fixed my knee

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
This is much more interesting with the rumors being true! Stop confusing us with facts! :coocoo: We need something to talk about and you're trying to take that away from us! :yell:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok, so he would be injured, and he would be in conflict with Monster Energy, right?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
trial_07 said:
Ok, so he would be injured, and he would be in conflict with Monster Energy, right?

Right. And the two have nothing to do with one another.

He is sitting out the SX season because of the injury, not because of the conflict with Monster.

Only a hater would think he's sitting out because of the conflict with Monster. :ride:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
XRpredator said:

Still seems fishy.
Where you been man? A course they can make ligermints outta cartlidge. Also gold outta lead and a silk purse outta sow's ears. All it takes is money.

Hey, did you see your picture on Mars? Looks like NASA busted you sneekin' around. You thinkin of openin another likker store in space? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/earth/2008/01/23/scimars123.xml

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Reesknight said:
This is much more interesting with the rumors being true! Stop confusing us with facts! :coocoo: We need something to talk about and you're trying to take that away from us!
:laugh: :pissed: :nod: :nener:

Oh so true, for so many!

XRPed., you have to remember the source of the written words we are reading here. I'm not saying that Aldon Baker does not know his stuff, not at all; but this stuff is being 'reported' here by MXA. You be the judge of their record.

IMHO, it is likely true that Bubbles is not enamored with Kawasaki-Monster marriage. After all, it cost him big money with Red Bull. I would suspect that he may continue to drink from a clear water bottle, unless, and until, Monster supplies him with enough cold, hard, cash to change the way he feels now. I would suspect that this issue is perhaps causing J.S. to 'loose' his previously strong loyalty to Kawasaki.

I do believe that his knee problem is the reason he is not racing now. Orthopaedic injuries & medicine is not an exact science, at best. My Ortopaedic surgeon has used this example with me: In many injuries, if you gather 10 Drs. together, you would be lucky to be able to narrow down the options for treatment to two.

Last edited:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:

Still seems fishy.
I read the "red flag" too, and you're right, fishy is an understatement. We know ACL repairs...what you need is hamstring or some kind of ligament-worthy tissue.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I read the "red flag" too, and you're right, fishy is an understatement. We know ACL repairs...what you need is hamstring or some kind of ligament-worthy tissue.
May be misspoken on his part but when they did my ACL/MCL replacements they harvested from my hamstring the parts they needed. I mis spoke when I said they used Cartilage from the harvest it was muscle tissue I believe

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
trial_07 said:

Wow.. Love how he is so happy and running around on a bum knee.........

lwsmithjr said:
The preferred method of ACL repair for a competitive athlete is a Patellar Tendon graft or Hamstring tendon graft. The recovery is longer than a cadaver graft but the end result is about 3 to 4 times stronger than your original ACL.

Yup that is what i had done. No issues and it's been 4 years. So strong.. I know before i had the repair, i couldn't even walk fast with out pain or it "popping out"

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Lets add some more to the rumor mill :cool:
RacerX said:
Monster Energy Kawasaki: Preston May Get a Shot

Racer X has learned that Monster Energy Kawasaki's plans to meet up with Travis Preston to give him a quick tryout were washed out by the rain in Southern California today, according to an industry source, but it may only be a matter of time before Preston gets a shot to join the team in the wake of James Stewart's absence. People have been speculating about this since Saturday night, and now it appears that that the Monster Energy Kawasaki team is also thinking about it as well. It could happen as soon as Anaheim 3, we were told.

So if Preston joins up, where does that leave Stewart?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
rickyd said:
Might we see a #11 Green bike soon? :boss:

From RACER X:
January 27, 2008
Travis Preston Tries Out Green
Steve Cox

We've just learned that Travis Preston is going to be testing with Kawasaki this week in order to possibly fill in for injured James Stewart on the Monster Energy Kawasaki team. Since California has been drenched with rain over the last week or so, most of the tracks are not rideable, so it sounds like Preston and Kawasaki will be heading to Arizona for testing on Monday and/or Tuesday.

If things go well, we hope to see Preston's familiar number-11 on a factory Kawasaki before the supercross championship leaves California.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
rushy08 said:
This just proves that you dont need to be the faster rider to win, you need to be the better rider.
Someone that is fast and inconsistent is not as good as a moderately paced consistent rider if the fast rider is constantly getting hurt.

What planet are you from? I'm not a RC fan but a perfect season and the most wins in history is pretty consistant! :coocoo:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
lwsmithjr said:
The preferred method of ACL repair for a competitive athlete is a Patellar Tendon graft or Hamstring tendon graft. The recovery is longer than a cadaver graft but the end result is about 3 to 4 times stronger than your original ACL.

They may well have used hamsting tissue, but it wasn't cartilage.

http://www.orthoassociates.com/ACL_grafts.htm

Mine was done this way in 1999. Great job no problems even at my age.

Top Bottom