Mar 20, 2008
Hello Guys, I am new to the forum. I recently bought a BW80 "not sure what year, they only made them from 86 to 90 I think". I got the bike for my son for 54 dollars, I was stoked. I replaced the carb, put in new brake pads and it was drivable. "heres the problem"The bike would stall out shifting into first unless I gave it gas and rolled the bike forward, and then it would slam into first. Once in first the bike would stall if not comstantly moving, but if it was moving it was quick. I orderd 6 new clutch disks off ebay. When I took the clutchbasket apart other than the warpped old disks the clutch looked fine. I put in the new disks and when it shifted into first it just idled, i thought my problem was solved. The bike had power in first but when it shifed into second it struggled, and in third it had nothing. My son is 9 and never ridden a motorcycle before so we took it out that weekend anyway. I took the clutch basket apart again and put in 3 of the old "sort of decent" disks and 3 of the new ones, now it almost stalls going in to first it will stall if not constantly moving. It has power in first and second, but not third. I am stumped? Any insight would be awsome. Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom