cello

Apr 25, 2002
In looking for a factory/aftermarket CONROD for my WR250 96 I thought I would try Cagiva as the original item is stamped with the Cagiva K3 name.

Here in the UK it appears that Cagiva want £92 for the same part UK Husqvarna delaers want £162. Presuming the part appears identical in all respects including PartNo stamped on the side of the rod - would it be OK to use it in my Husky ?

I may be asking the obvious but is Husky UK just ripping off its clients when Cagiva appear to be selling the same item for more then 50% less ? Maybe Husky do some extra fancy heat treating to the original rod to make it stronger and this accounts for the extra price or am i just looking for an excuse to carry on with Husky UK when they appear to be taking the Michael !!!!!

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Buy the Cagiva labeled rod or better buy two of them. They probably simply forgot to put a new price tag on it.
The engine of your Husqvarna is a close descendant of the mid 80s Cagiva WMX250, which was discontiniued in '91. Right after Cagiva bought Husqvarna they intended to sell their twostroke bikes as Cagivas for the Motocross market and as Husqvarnas for the Enduro market. From 92 on they skipped that idea and labeled all bikes Husqvarna.
The con-rod is definetely the same part for Cagiva WMX and Husqvarna WR.

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
cagiva owns Husqvarna

cagiva owns Husqvarna they brought it of the sweds back in 1987 or around that time.( the old swedish husqvarna plant was closed down but then reopened by former Husqvarna workers and made Husaburg ). So i would say that the conrod would be the same because a small bike company like cagiva would try and incorporate parts on both bikes in order to cut down on tooling and production costs. I have a 96 wr360 and that has Cagive stamped all over the intrenal engine parts .
Good luck
paul

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its not unusual for owning companies to put different prices on a part, alot of the time the price you pay is just what some egghead thinks is reasonable, it often has nothing to do with production costs.If many people complain on a certain price, ive seen companies drop it by 50%.

cello

Apr 25, 2002
I,m about to contact Cagiva - italy for clarification but thanks to everyone who,s replied. I love my Husky but not the cost of keeping it in the dirt - it seems that theres a premium on all husky parts and one reason for going the KTM or Japanese route .

Top Bottom