Roughrider

Feb 27, 2002
Who is going to this one. What is the terrain like in Louisiana? Is it like riding in a swamp, or do they have any hills. I have heard that they put on a good enduro. Is it real tough, or can everyone finish.:aj:

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
I'm going. I haven't ridden there. But heard the trails are excellent. Ty Davis ranked one of his favorite places to ride.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I've ridden this race many times. (Almost every year since '95.) Last year and many other years in the past, this was a National Enduro. The terrain is mostly nice loamy dirt in the woods, with a mix of sand and whoops out in the open stuff. The do have access to a couple of Sand pits and a gravel pit. The usually set up grass tracks in those areas. There are no hills, just a few places with the terrain has a gentle roll. Last years race was tough because it was 97 miles long! and it rained a lot leading up to the race. As a result, there were huge bike swallowing ruts. If there's no rain, it will be dusty in some parts. On non-national years, the club usually shortens the course to about 80 miles. Enjoy! This is one of my favorite races. Too bad I can't make it out there this year.

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
great races

Get ready for fun!!!

This race is one of the fun ones , hard long but always lots of fun!!

Don't know what row im on but will be parked in a white box van with red box trailor come over and give us a shout!!

SEE YALL , BGDAWG:cool:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'll be there, with my buddy jerry. we'll be leaving mempho at 1:30 or so on sat (long story) with about 8-9 hours to drive, so i hope we don't wake anybody up. we'll be crashing in his white enclosed trailer with sponsor stickers on it, pulled by a blue tahoe. we'll look for everybody. looks like the weather will be dry all week, partly cloudy & cool on sun. see ya'll there!

Roughrider

Feb 27, 2002
Had tons of fun, except for the last 11 miles in the mud infested tight trees. Hey Lawman, were you riding on row 20, if so, was that you that tried to do the triple Lindy in front of me in the 17 mph section?

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
yeah, roughrider, that was me. i was cruising along in that long free section of atv trails, bored, not concentrating, when i did the pinball thing off a bunch of exposed roots & finally gave a big kiss to mr. oak tree. it tore my mylar half off, even inside the little case, & i fell on my bad foot. that's what happens when you take a nap while riding! were you the int. b guy on row 20? if so, thx for checking on me after that little episode.

i had a lot of fun & really enjoyed the course, even tho i couldn't get my head in the game. i thought that long muddy part was fun, exc. for the big ditch where some guy on a gas gas bottlenecked it, & i really liked that tight part--it was just tight enough to be interesting. i think i did ok, not great, but i'm not sure, jerry & i left early for the long drive back to memphis, didn't want to get another $158 ticket like the 1 i got on the way down.

we'll be at the next sera 1, & prob. will do the blackjack 1 in arkansas on the 24th, just to get in a little extra self-abuse. anybody going to that 1?

Top Bottom