Can someone rebuild KTM crank with stroker rod?

MexMex

Jul 25, 2004
I'm going to make my SX525 all the way to 600cc, with 99mm bore (in work those days) and the stroker crank.

Is there any other options beside buying the 710$ stroker crank?

I was thinking to buy used one, and rebuild it with the stroker con-rod...

Is the stroker con rod available as seperate part at all?
Is there any after market rods?
Do you know any capable shop for this kind of work?

Thanks!

M.

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
When I was looking for someone to do some motor work for me I came across this, It might be helpful to you. He custom makes cranks for almost any bike, $350 bux

Total Performance LLC

I would post the link but i cant.....

symen

Nov 26, 2002
another rod wont give your bike a larger stroke... you need to place your big-end bearing further away from the center. It can be done (in some cases) with an other excentric big-end bush.
(dont know how to say that in english)

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
What symen is saying is that it takes more than a rod to make a stroker. The rod journal/pin needs to be farther from the crank's centerline. The stroke is determined by the diameter of the circle that the rod journal travels, not the length of the rod.

It IS sometimes done that the original crank is re-ground to a smaller diameter, but off its' center so that the stroke circle increases. That can only be done when the rod journal is especially robust and can take the extra load(not often on m/c cranks).

Not sure on your KTM but oftentimes the cases need to have clearance machining done to keep the rod from hitting them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom