can't keep up with all the boycotts

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
let's see, as of today, i'm supposed to become outraged & boycott fmf b/c they're trying to sell their stuff to non-riders & b/c they were rude to someone on the phone; arai, b/c they won't let anybody sell their stuff over the phone/'net; holeshot ktm b/c they "raped" somebody with a $12 shipping & handling charge; ford, b/c they gave $ to the audobon society; chevy, b/c they gave $ to the nature conservancy; & all motorcycle mags, but esp. mxa/db/dr b/c they are on the take from advertisers b/c my brand never wins the shootouts.

meanwhile, underpaid & underappreciated people are dying for you & me in lonely, Godforsaken places such as afghanistan & pakistan & on the streets of every american town; thousands are being buried & mourned by their families & their orphaned kids in ny & dc & other places after being murdered; women & kids & even some men are being raped for real, causing years of pain & turmoil; people are beating/shooting/burning/abandoning their own kids; & on & on.

maybe it's just me, but i'm having trouble getting fired up about marching on fmf or holeshot ktm.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Reality steps in...

POINT.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I see your point Lawman, but life does go on for the rest of us here in the free world. Being that it is a free country, that gives us the right to complain when something makes us mad. What good is it for those people to die defending our freedom, if you choose not use use that very freedom that they are fighting for? They chose to fight, other chose to complain, you can choose to not boycott anything. You can choose to let people walk on you and you can choose to do nothing about it. That is why I love this country. If you don't like the way it works, you can choose to leave. Isn't it wonderful how it all works? Have a quality day.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I took his point to mean something to the effect of not get SO worked-up?
Calling for a "boycott" is not the way to get business' to better their service. If a boycott is truley effective, they will be out of business without the possibility of improving.

Letters, emails and calls in complaint are the way to get it done.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I understand that, and I see what Lawman is saying. We all know that even if everyone on this board boycotts FMF, they will still be in business. But, if someone wants to vent by convincing others to do so, then so be it. I am just happy to be a free man in a country where one man can boycott and another man can call him a goof for doing it. Gob bless America!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'd like to boycott work, but I've become dependant on receiving a paycheck. :scream:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'll try a counterpoint- my only problem with that is that I believe that we're supposed to live our lives as if today is our last, AND live like we'll be here for another 20 years...

That said, I need something more to keep me motivated than anger and rage, piss and vinegar, etc. I need some joy, some humor, some trivial things to complain about, I need to sometimes feel like it's O.K. to get mad that Chevron won't lower their prices to match the ARCO across the street.

OF COURSE these things pale in the light of the real world, but I don't think the intent of those posts was to say "Yeah, but what about me? I'm suffering, too!". Obviously there's few reasons most Americans should be complaining when you consider how the majority fo the world's polulation lives. Instead, I think these folks are just venting a little frustration. Some people just don't handle life's little tribulations as well as others. Me, I don't complain about things unless there's something else in my life that's not good. And I think that's the case with many people- the pissing and moaning they put on is usually just an external symptom of something else unrelated in their life that they're not able to sufficiently cope with.

So I say let them post. And I believe that when they pick up the front page and read about the KC130 that crashed there isn't anything else on their minds oither than what went through mine "Oh my gosh, my gosh... those brave men.... and oh my gosh their poor families.... and oh my gosh here I am with my coffee and bagel and kids screaming.... they just died for me..."

Lawman, I totally agree with you that these posts are a waste... and I'd also like to say that I have never served, so I can't say I totally understand your feelings. That last point is something I'm ashamed about, and a huge bone of contention between zia and I.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
well, i've never served either...i wasn't trying to compare myself to anyone else. i also never tried to stop anyone from expressing their opinion, any way they want, i was just expressing my view.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Fluoxetine 20mg po q AM.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Let’s look at the practical side of these complains or boycotts.

Those of us who hang around these dirt bikes sites seem to see the same complaints over and over about various companies. When I see one flame I just figure the writer had bad luck, but when there is more than one about the same exact subject then only a fool would ignore them.

About the Holeshot flames: Would I buy something from them? Maybe. I haven’t done so before because I have an extremely good KTM dealer right here in town. If my local dealer didn’t have a part I needed there are several other good KTM dealers that I could contact and have contacted when necessary.
If I were to contact Holeshot because they had the needed parts, I would be aware of their shipping/pricing policies do to the previous posts.

That’s why I like these sites. You can and will find valuable information, which is the whole purpose of their existence in the first place.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
Fluoxetine 20mg po q AM.

Midolx2 q 4h :)

I'd be happy if I could find a pair of socks that match. :silly:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
Fluoxetine 20mg po q AM.

Ha! But what about just some OTC stuff instead, like a midol? While we're at it, I'm getting snipped soon, and could use an extra few valium 10mg, kay? And maybe Demerol 100mg, you know, for the pain:)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by zio
. . . While we're at it, I'm getting snipped soon, and could use an extra few valium 10mg, kay? And maybe Demerol 100mg, you know, for the pain:)
Zio, I'll let you know how it goes after today. 3:15. They tell me it takes about 45 minutes. Right now, that's about the only thing on my mind.

They say Tylenol 3 will handle it. I hope so! :eek:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So far, the worst part is the shavin'! :eek: Did it last night, and it already itches! :scream:

I will fill you in, when I feel up to it. :ugg:

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Those of us who hang around these dirt bikes sites seem to see the same complaints over and over about various companies. When I see one flame I just figure the writer had bad luck, but when there is more than one about the same exact subject then only a fool would ignore them.

I agree. And while a lot of these subjects that only appear once in a while don't really affect many people, other ones do. People throughout the world have different values and morals-when you think a person on the phone is being rude to you, they might not think they are, and it might just be they are just doing what their job requires of them. Not to mention that the phone is a very easy way for misunderstanding and ill communication to propogate. In cases like that letters and contacts to the right people matter most.

However, there are the other situations-the ones that happen on a large scale, like poor fitting/low build quality parts at premium prices; or the ones that involve illegal activities, like a dealer breaking laws and hiding extra charges to customers in order to make bigger profits. These situations warrant a more aggressive course of action-like telling anyone and everyone you can about the problem, refusing to give business to those companies and encouraging others to do the same, and notifying the appropriate authorities and company leaders where warranted and/or possible.

Every problem has to be considered on a case by case basis. Rare/individual problems are something I can't really help with. Common/large scale problems I can do my part to change. I choose to try to do something when I can. If no one else agrees with me...well THAT is freedom.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Whoa, XR, way too much info pal. Start another flame for that, my boys don't want to hear anything about a razor. :scream:

So the hostages are losing their escape route huh?! Better dig a bypass tunnel or they'll back up and cause a prison riot!

Good luck, I'd say I feel for you but I would rather not go there. :)

Elk with the main escape route still open

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by lawman

meanwhile, underpaid & underappreciated people are dying for you & me in lonely, Godforsaken places such as afghanistan & pakistan & on the streets of every american town;
maybe it's just me, but i'm having trouble getting fired up about marching on fmf or holeshot ktm.

Uhh......... I happen to be one of those mentioned aboved and as a matter of fact, I happened to have been privileed enough to know a Sergeant who gave his live to his country when his KC-130R crashed into a mountain this week in Pakistan. In the Corps, the motto is Semper Fi, which means Always Faithful, but when there are individuals who are out for nobody but themselves, we call it "Semper I, and F*** the other guy" This is how I would label some of people we have been recently flaming about. I too feel over worked and grossly under paid in comparison to my civil counterparts, and when I feel wronged, as they say, misery loves company, so I spread the word in hopes that my mistakes will be taken to heart by another so that they can be spared the pain of going through it themselves.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Remember in The Emperor Strikes Back, when Luke is in that hydro-suspension thingy while he's healing? I want one of those for a week while I'm recovering. Anyone esle scared to death that you'll accidentally bump "something" the next day? Did I mention that I'm a passer-out-er? :ugg:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
To me it is like owning a handgun. I would never want to shoot anyone but it's nice to know I could if I had too.

Mully

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just strap an inner tube around your waist!
Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry goes to the dentisit and they always put him under. When he wakes up the Doctor is zipping up his fly and the nurse is buttoning her shirt! Never go under, things happen. Especially when the Captain and his mates are hanging out in the wind!:)
Elk

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
ROTFLMAO!!! Oh gosh, I got a tear in my eye, too. That was funny. Wait- we're talking about the "soldiers", right? Mully aren't you afraid of ricochets?:scream: I'm obsessed with this, sorry if I can't keep it on topic. This just struck a chord big time. I'm really worried about XRP. How far did he shave? I wouldn't know where to stop. I picture getting a little carried away and ending up with a herniated disc and smooth cheeks!:scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Smooth cheeks gets you monkey butt quicker, no cushion. It's better to be sitting on a couple of hamsters isn't it? :think

Also, chaffing comes to mind. The Lord never meant for the boys to meet the thighs without a moderator! :)
Elk

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom