Sep 11, 2005
I recently rebuolt the engine on my wr200. a while before I did this I installed a bigger main jet(one size up). When i rebuilt it i had the cylinder resleeved and the guy there told me that after the bike was compeletly broken in I might have problems with it not wanted to rev out all the way and if that happened to go back down a size on the jet. Well when i first rebuilt it it ran greta but now I am having trouble with it not reving out so I put the smaller jet back in. Now my bike wont start.
It started for like 10 seconds then quit. I unscrewed the drain screw on the bottom of the car andno gas came out meaning there was no gas going into the carb. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and put it back on and same thing. There is fuel in the bike and the petcock works. what could I have messed up?

Chokey

Uhhh...
Oct 12, 2003
Did you take the fuel line loose from the carb to verify that fuel is actually able to flow out of the tank? If there is no fuel flowing through the line, the screen in the petcock is clogged, or the vent in the gas cap isn't venting, causing a vaccuum to form in the tank. If you have fuel flow through the line, then the float is either stuck closed, set too low, or you assembled the float incorrectly.

Sep 11, 2005
I took the tube out and there is fuel flowing out of the tank. I will just take it apart again and hope it works. Anyone have any other ideas. I have taken the carb apart many times before and have never had this happen.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom