ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
lately when i've been riding my carb will just start pouring fuel out of the bottom hoses. when i hit the float bowl with something it usually stops. what might be the problem here? i've taken the bowl off and looked to see if the float was hanging on something but appears to be alright. anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? thanks for the help. oh, i'm riding a 99 125 exc if that matters.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Your floats are hanging up. When you tap on them it allows the floats to rise.. Take it apart again and carefully re-assemble.. Take care to see if the floats are hanging up somehow, or that the needle valve isn't sticking..

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Cleaning probably won't help the overflow problem, but properly adjusting the float height and making sure the needle and seat are not compromised will.. Make sure that the needle, pin and float parts are installed correctly.. While you have the carb off and float bowl removed, connect the fuel line, turn the fuel on and manually operate the floats.. When raised the fuel should stop flowing.. If not then you need to replace the needle and seat. Check the floats themselves by placing them in a can of fuel to see if they actually float.. I have seen then become fuel saturated and not able to float very well.

As far as cleaning, I use CRC Lectro-motive.. Be sure and remove the pilot jet to clean it.. The pilot is usually the culprit when it comes to a clogged jet, due to it's small orifice.. I personally remove all the fuel jets and air jets, then clean the passgaes and jets.. Blowing out with air if you have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom