Chad Reed 2009 National Champion....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am going to be violently ill. Do you suppose CR had it done, like the Tanya Harding incident a while back? Though, truth be told, CR is coming around. May he never get a top 10 start! How long it took him to pass that off road racer was a sad, yet glorious moment. Mike has to be traumatized! 3 bad incidents in 11 months.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Also here: http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/motocross/2009/06/08/alessi-suffers-season-ending-injury

and here: http://www.racerxonline.com/article/mike-alessi-out-for-the-season.aspx

Wow.... what a bad deal, first RV, now MA. :|

Both of the top championship contenders. Heck, Stewie could probably jump into the mix at High Point and have a small chance at the title. Looks like Reed will be running that red number plate by Thunder Valley. Although it will be another one of those championships, where Reed wins while the competition is out (JS, RV, MA). :think:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
That sucks for MA!

This season has been CRAZY.

BTW, I shattered my knee cap into 8 pieces and had it removed in '84. After a year of therapy and two surgeries, I eventually got 1/6 of my strength back. That's not enough to run, or do triples.

This potentially could be career ending for Alessi, depending on the severity.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dirt bike dave said:
That sucks for MA!

This season has been CRAZY.

BTW, I shattered my knee cap into 8 pieces and had it removed in '84. After a year of therapy and two surgeries, I eventually got 1/6 of my strength back. That's not enough to run, or do triples.

This potentially could be career ending for Alessi, depending on the severity.

I'm also finding how devastating a knee injury can be..

I was hoping to be able to walk in time for Redbud this year, but I'm now seeing that's just not going to happen. I'll miss Redbud for the first time in 5 years. Not Happy.

I'm starting to think that just walking half way normal sometime in the next 6 months might be a stretch.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
What a bummer. We had a blast at Freestone. Alessi was cool and confident. He walked around the facility in the morning talking to people like he was one of the crowd. Reed may have shaved some time off but not when MA was really running, Reed did not have anything for him. I don't know what's missing in Reed's program, b/c he is without a doubt a very gifted rider. He just seems to have something missing. When Alessi turned it up it looked like JS or RC just walking away from him. In the second moto Alessi had a 5 second lead on the green flag lap, Reed just never got going. Anyway we had a blast, I just love the Great Outdoors.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Philip said:
What a bummer. We had a blast at Freestone. Alessi was cool and confident. He walked around the facility in the morning talking to people like he was one of the crowd. Reed may have shaved some time off but not when MA was really running, Reed did not have anything for him. I don't know what's missing in Reed's program, b/c he is without a doubt a very gifted rider. He just seems to have something missing. When Alessi turned it up it looked like JS or RC just walking away from him. In the second moto Alessi had a 5 second lead on the green flag lap, Reed just never got going. Anyway we had a blast, I just love the Great Outdoors.
I think Reed is very slighly faster than Alessi, but not enough to make up for starting back in the pack while Alessi gets the holeshot.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
nikki said:
Although it will be another one of those championships, where Reed wins while the competition is out (JS, RV, MA). :think:
I don't think that takes anything away from Reed. In my opinion, being the fastest in the world doesn't matter if you choose not to compete or crash yourself out trying to prove it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
TRexRacing said:
Man too bad.i hate to see all that hard work go to waste.I'm not really a fan but still.............
I'm not really a fan either. Hell, I like RC better than Alessi, and everyone knows how much I like RC (ooh, that wee man with his beady eyes, green short pants and buckle shoes, ooh!)

I'll probably go to hell for this, but I'm kinda glad, because now it makes next year better with the bitter rivalry Alessi and Villopoto have. By "bitter rivalry" I mean "outright hatred", of course.

and you gotta love foxforks throwing the Gillooly reference in there!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Bummer. Tough break for MA.
Maturity is good for something...go Reedy!!! I like him, always have. Not the fasted, flashiest guy outthere, no doubt, but smart enough to hang around long enough. Maybe Short can give him a run for the money.

Oh and thumbs up to R. Dietrich...one for the woodsmen!!!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
XRpredator said:
I'm not really a fan either. Hell, I like RC better than Alessi, and everyone knows how much I like RC (ooh, that wee man with his beady eyes, green short pants and buckle shoes, ooh!)
:rotfl:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:

I'll probably go to hell for this, but I'm kinda glad, because now it makes next year better with the bitter rivalry Alessi and Villopoto have. By "bitter rivalry" I mean "outright hatred", of course.

and you gotta love foxforks throwing the Gillooly reference in there!

You just hate short people.. Hater.

PowderJunkie9

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 10, 2008
I almost started crying when I heard about Alessi! Can't even imagine how he's feeling right now. I AM gonna watch the 450's just to see how badly he WOULD'VE beat everyone. Hopefully Mikey's back soon. He's fun as hell to watch man!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
James said:
I think Reed is very slighly faster than Alessi, but not enough to make up for starting back in the pack while Alessi gets the holeshot.

I think that may be right or it could be that speedy reedy just can't maintain it as long as the others. You gotta admit that even from the back of the pack RC and James would still get up front and battle. I think its because they can run the pace all race. Reed is as fast as anybody for a few laps but something happens during the course of a moto. I don't know maybe he gets bored or something. I do know when he came by us he was flying, I just don't know what happen on the other side of the track.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
RC and JS are much faster than Reed and Alessi, but that's not really relevant since neither of them are racing this year. On that note, add Alessi to the "not relevant" list.

-------------------------------------------

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We are having an awesome season, check the 250 class! Sadly without Alessi the racing will be better in the 450's now as well since he was that much faster than the rest the first few rounds.

Top Bottom