MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
GoSpeedRacer and I are throwing around the idea of going down to Chadwick either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, camping for a night and riding a day or two. Anyone interested. Anyone have directions, tent camping available, firewood w/chainsaw?? Who is in?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
You know me Chris, there will be bacon, eggs, coffee, OJ, maybe some ham and of course milk & cereal for GSR :)

PS Please update my e-mail addy in your address book. PM me if you don't have the new one.

jdiaz

Oct 30, 2000
FYI, my wife searched out info for Chadwick before we went down there a few weeks back, and found a good link and phone number for information:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/trails/hike_chadwick.htm

Call 573-364-4621 to get a trail map. They usually don't have any at the store in town, so I would call and get one before you get there.

The camping area looks terrific, and trails were in pretty good shape. Lots of rocks and puddles!

Jon

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
As I sit here with bag o' frozen peas on nether regions, my doc says no riding this weekend. We'll be there on the later weekends posted (18/19th for Jamies B-day). Sure would like to ride, but going to have to wait. You should have a nice ride though as quite a few people will be @ Kahoka either riding or watching the pros tear around for 3 hours.

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Hey GoSpeed & TTR;

Glad to hear you decided to visit "the Rock." I'm sure you will have a great time...please, just use caution and don't ride over your head. There have been alot of A & AA riders that have known the wrath of Chadwick's rocks and trees when they thought they were it's master. As I said in an another post...St. Joe is a kid's playground compared to some parts of Chadwick. This is not meant to intimidate you, it is just to make you aware of what lies out there. I have seen alot of broken bones and bodies removed...some came back to ride again. If you love a challenging ride...you will be challenged.

Off of my morbid soapbox for now. If you camp out and want social intercourse, I might suggest the lower campground (Cobb Ridge) or another area, as we locals like to call it..."the Pavillion." If you are looking for more cozy, intimate surroundings, I suggest Camp Ridge which is the upper campground in the riding area. Ask anyone when you arrive and they can direct you to these camping areas. I have included a detailed topo map of the Chadwick area. I would advise making a copy on your printer before you leave as maps are difficult to find once you get down here.

If I get a chance, I might be able to take in a quick ride on Saturday afternoon. I am scheduled to ride in K.C. on Sunday, but that may change depending on the weather. I only live 15 minutes from Chadwick's backdoor (I know...that is really disgusting!!!) and I drop in on a regular basis since my 520 is licensed. If I get a chance I'd like to meet you guys since my wife is from STL and I ride up in that area periodically. If you want, send me an email and I will give you my phone number and I'll try to make it out there once you guys get set up.

http://home.cleanlink.net/omtra/ChadwickTrailMap.htm

;)

BTW....snip, snip, ouch! Sorry Wade, I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hey Rick, whazzup w/ the KC riding? Where are you going?

Wade

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Help - Need Trail Map

I have heard that 'The store in town' may not have a trail map and I doubt that I can get one in the mail before this weekend. Does anyone have one they can scan and e-mail to me or know of an online version I can get?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I'll send an e-mail out to the riding group-one of us has the map and should be able to get it e-mailed to you.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Doohh, click the link up above as it has a topographical map for download.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey Wade,

I have been trying to get in a ride with one of my co-workers, and he told me several of his friends are going down the weekend of May 10-12. I got a couple of friends that can't make it the 18-19, so we are just heading down for the day on May 11 as my sister and brother-in-law from Tampa are visiting that weekend also.

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Wade???

Did that bag of peas cause brain freeze? LOL, sorry I couldn't resist.
Merwin is a possibility this Sunday, but I'm not definate. Scott, Chris and some others are planning on it I think. You might get ahold of them for a definate time. I'll probably know by Friday and I'll give you a call. I thought you were incapacitated anyway?????

Rick, I'd like to be able to make the 11th and ride, but I'm going to have a final exam that next Monday and I know I'll be cramming all weekend. One of these days we'll get to ride together again.

Jeb, how's that finger doing?

Crusty

Last edited:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Blue Mound was a rain out..bummer. We loaded up and went to Milford for some high quality mud slingin'. :confused:
Merwin sounds good..calling for rain here Friday/Saturday..could get ugly..but its too early to tell. I will make it down if possible. Jason
BTW, this ride was pre-snip..

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
COULD WE ALL REFRAIN FROM THE WACKY USE OF THE WORD "SNIP"?!

Rick, the inagural blank shooter ride will either @ the Carbondale race or the Chadwick Bash. Jason may need some assisitance with house painting on the 4th-at which I truly suck. Must be my passive, patient disposition..."damn house should be done by now!" (three minutes after starting).

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Hey Crusty,
The finger is okay. I can't straighten in much but I'm getting close to being able to make a fist with it again. Plenty good enough to grab a throttle. Still kind of painful but at least the pins are out and I'm back to riding!

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Must be my passive, patient disposition..."damn house should be done by now!"

Wade, I'm really sorry about the "snip, snip." Actually, to be politically correct, I should have used the term neutered. As an aside, the process of emasculation should relieve that "passive, patient disposition!" May also reduce your urgings to prowl the neighborhood.

Jeb, glad to hear the finger has recovered. I cracked a couple of bones in the wrist on the last ride I went on and it is just now fully healed. I think we should discuss a ride this summer to reciprocate for WUDI since it is too hot here to ride most of the time. Just a thought. :D

Oh, and sorry TTR, to get off-topic. There is ample wood in the Chadwick area from downed trees, but the campgrounds are usually scoured. You can forage for logs and drag them back to camp, buy them at several places along Hiway 14 as you come in, or you can haul your own in. I forgot to mention that there is now a camp attendant at Cobb Ridge now in case you need any other info on the area. They may maps, also but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom