dirteater17

Aug 21, 2007
recently ive been having problems with shifting/clutching. the first thing i noticed was when the clutch was all the way in didnt fully disangage the gear. the bike wouldnt keep going but i wasnt able to move it around (walking it), the tire would still catch. then i noticed that it started sliping gears. first between 1-2 which i though was me just hitting nutrual. i can still put it in gear 1-6 but as soon as it revs it'll slip. only first gear works. i noticed that the foot lever would like bounce out when it slips. i tried thightening the cable but didnt help.
i know that the clutch plates wear but i just want to make sure that's the problem or somthing else.
any help will be appricated.
-nate

snowskater101

Jul 18, 2007
loosen the adjuster on the hand lever until youve got some slack, then tighten it untils the lever just comes to rest on the lever housing(what holds it onto your bars). maybe even a little looser so that the lever isnt held right against the housing. if youve still got the same problem then you know its not your cable but something in your clutch.

also dont go off of trying it while the bike isnt running.

Top Bottom